Chapter 38

As soon as Joe knocks on the door it flies open. His mom is standing behind it. Instead of greeting Joe she immediately walks over to Ben who is hiding a little behind Joe. She wraps her arms around Ben.
"It is so nice to meet you. Joe told us a lot about you." Joe can see Ben's muscles loosen up a bit as the hug continues.
"Come in, come in." Mrs. Mazzello steps aside so they can enter their house.
"Thank you so much that we can stay for a few days mrs. Mazzello. You have a lovely house." Ben says as soon as they get into the living room.
"Please, just call me Ginnie. And no problem. It is a pleasure to help you out. If you don't mind I am going to grab Joe. Oh, and Joe, be a gentleman for once and grab something to drink for your boyfriend." Virginia leaves the room to see where her husband is at. Joe already jumped up from the couch he and Ben were sitting on.
"Tea?" He asked although he already knows the answer. Ben nods anyways and Joe disappears into the kitchen. That is the time Ben takes a good look around the living room. The style very cosy but still rather modern. His eyes catch a glimpse of a photograph hanging from the wall. He can't help but stand up to take a better look.

It's a picture of young Joe. Next to him is an older man who Ben immediately recognizes as Steven Spielberg. It has to be taken on the set of Jurrasic Park.
"That was a long time ago." Joe says as soon as he comes back walking into the room. Ben jumps from the sudden presence of his boyfriend.
"Sorry, I was just curious." Ben rubs the back of his head. 
"You'll find more pictures of me throughout the house the longer you stay here. And of course also from Mary and John." Joe places four tea glasses on the table and pours water in all of them. As soon as he sits down his parents walk into the room. Ben who is still standing walks over to Joe's dad.

"Hello, mr. Mazzello. Nice to finally meet you in person." He gives him a short handshake.
"Welcome Ben. We heard lots about you." Mr. Mazzello says before walking to one of the empty chairs. 
"I hope good things mr, Mazzello?" His eyes are still focused on Joe's dad as soon as he sits down.
"Call me Joe. Or Joseph. That is maybe a little less confusing. But yeah good things. I think our boy really is in love." He teases. Joe rolls his eyes and grabs a cookie out of the jar on the table.
"Don't worry Joe. We are just happy that you finally got in a serious relationship." Ginnie says while she removes the teabag from her tea.
"Yeah, it has been a long time. I didn't want to rush anything after my last two. I wasn't sure if I ever would try to get in a relationship but then I met Ben, and things kind of turned I guess." Joe doesn't look at Ben during his story but keeps his eyes fixated on a spot right in between his parents.
"We are happy that you broke up with Nathan. He was horrible." Ben looks with a raised eyebrow from Joe to Ginnie and back. He and Joe never really talked about their previous relationships. Unless they were just funny stories. 
"I know mom. I know. Please stop reminding me about that. I have Ben now. And I am happy." Joe almost whispers.

The conversation quickly changes as they all recognize the clear discomfort Joe is in.
"I'm going to cook dinner. Joe told me that there isn't anything you don't eat is that right?" Ginnie looks at Ben.
"Yes, that is right. I can help you cook Ginnie." He says obviously trying to be the most polite son in law he can possibly be.
"There is no need for that. I love cooking. Joe dear why don't you show Ben around?" Ginnie asks. Joe sighs before getting up. He holds out a hand for Ben to take.
"So, we will be sleeping in my old room." Joe walks into the corridor. Ben follows him closely. As soon as Joe opens the door Ben gaps. The walls are covered in posters from movies Joe starred in and pictures from him with friends and other actors.
"Your room looks so cool." Ben says while he looks around. He grins once his eyes fall on a picture on the bedside table.
"Are you kidding me?" He says as he picks up the photo frame. He looks at the picture of himself taken on one of the shooting days.
"My parents gave it to me. And I missed you. So now I had a way to see you every day. I meant to put it away before you were here. But I forgot." Joe grabs the frame from Ben's hands and walks over to his desk.
"No, don't I think it's cute. I also missed you so much." Ben says while grabbing Joe in a hug.

*****

The next weeks passed quickly. Joe and Ben moved in into their new house. They were going from furniture store to furniture store as they were trying to find the exact furniture they wanted. Which resulted in them needing to sit on chairs instead of a couch because the couch came in two weeks after they bought it. Slowly they were able to open all of their boxes and move all their stuff to the right place. At the same, they were also prepping themselves for their press tour in Japan. Some stuff was immediately placed in suitcases as soon as it left the boxes. 

They finally had a day where they didn't have anything on the planning so they decided it was the best time to sleep in. Ben grunts as soon as he wakes up. With his eyes closed, he can still see the light coming through the blinds. He rolls over but immediately is confused by the emptiness of the bed. He tries to listen if there are sounds coming from the kitchen or the bathroom, but when he doesn't hear any he opens his eyes. The bed is, in fact, empty except for himself. Has Joe told him that he would be gone in the morning? It is that moment that he sees a little note laying on the pillow next to him.

Good morning baby,
I hope you slept well. I'm at Rami's. I will not be gone for very long I think. I made you some breakfast. It is in the kitchen. I'll see you soon.
I love you,
Xx Joe.  

*******************
Hello!

Drama is coming! Be prepared lmao. 

Anyways, votes and comments downed a bit. Are y'all still liking this story? 

I think it's finally time to reveal the good news! I'm working on a new fanfiction. Which will be a different BoRhap ship. I will keep that a secret for a little longer. It will not be up within the next few weeks, but it's definitely I'm excited for. 

Anyways, I love y'all!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe