Chapter 6

Kongpob hears some noise coming from the kitchen. So he wakes up to find himself under a blanket. He gets up from the sofa rising to his full height. He stretches his arms above his head, and then pulling his elbows back twisting side to side.

"Ouch!"

Kongpob quickly turned around to see what's going on. He walks over to the kitchen where Arthit is holding his bloody finger. Kongpob quickly ushers Arthit over to the sink, runs his cut under cold water, and then hands him a paper towel to dry it.

"Wait here. I'll go get the first aid kit." Kongpob says and rushes away. A minute late he comes back with the kit waving for Arthit to come over to the other side of the counter where they can sit on the bar stools.

Arthit hesitantly complies, and stands in front of Kongpob while holding his cut finger. Kongpob takes out a cotton gauze soaked with disinfectant, and reaches for Arthit's finger.

"I can do it myself." Arthit says.

"Why? Just relax, I'll be gentle." Kongpob says while he starts to disinfect the cut.

Arthit lets Kongpob treat his cut, it was his fault for distracting him after all. If Kongpob wasn't stretching his arms showing his full wingspan, and twisting his waist here and there about, Arthit wouldn't have forgotten he was still holding a knife cutting fruits.

Arthit looks up through his lashes to watch Kongpob concentrate cleaning his wound, and putting a bandage on it. When Kongpob is done treating Arthit's cut, he takes Arthit's hand looking at it from the front, and then the back to checks out his handiwork.

"Okay, I think it's okay now. What were you doing? Let me help you since you are injured." Kongpob says looking at the dishes in front of him. There's omelets and french toast.

"Uhm, I made breakfast since you said the maids aren't here today. I was just going to finish it off with some fruits, but somehow I cut myself. I'm sorry." Arthit explains.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the terrible host here. I should be making you breakfast. Although, I wouldn't recommend you eat anything I make beyond instant noodles." Kongpob says while chuckling to himself as he puts away the first aid kit.

"So do you want to eat now?" Arthit asks, looking at Kongpob.

"Yeah, do you want to eat at the table or here at the counter." Kongpob grabs the two plates.

"Here is fine. It's more casual. Let me get the fruits." Arthit is about to get up.

Kongpob puts down the plates. "I can do it. Here, let me help you too."

Kongpob steps in front of Arthit. He reaches his arms around and behind Arthit's waist to untie the apron, and then lifts the strap that's around Arthit over his head removing it.

Kongpob just walks away with the apron, and plates the cut fruits. He brings the plate of fruits over while Arthit is hyper alert to Kongpob's every movement.

"Let's eat. Everything looks great."

"Thanks. Are you sure you don't want to put on a shirt?"

"Nah, I'm going to shower after I eat."

"Oh, okay." Arthit looks away embarrassed.

"Mmm, this french toast is perfect. Not too soggy, yet not too dry. Where did you learn to cook?"

"I kind of had to when I moved out from my parents house. I just watched a lot of cooking videos."

"I see. Well, I can't cook to save my life. In matter of fact, I would probably endanger it, and my neighbors."

Kongpob and Arthit both laughed.

They ate in comfortable silence for a while. Then Kongpob broke the silence.

"So, what are you going to do today?" Kongpob asked casually.

"I'm going to try to get my phone fixed. And then call a friend to see if I can stay with him for a while."

"Okay, I can drive you to get your phone fixed. I want to get out for a bit anyway. Being cooped in the office all week is depressing."

"That's okay. I don't want to trouble you anymore than I already have. I'm sure you have more fun things to do than getting my phone fixed. If you can just let me leave my things here while I'm gone, that would be great."

"Well, it's up to you. I'm still going to go out for a drive. You can ask Thak to drop you off wherever you need to go. And don't worry about your stuff. It'll be fine."

"Thanks. I really appreciate it."

"Don't mention it. Well, thanks for breakfast. Your cooking is so good, I should just hire you instead. I'm going to shower now."

Kongpob puts his plate in the sink, and walks away rubbing his non-existent belly in happiness.

Arthit finishes up, and gets ready to go out. He had even found 100 baht in one of his many jackets Chet had packed. Today can't be that bad, right?

Twenty minutes later as Arthit comes out of his room. He sees Thak standing there by the door.

"Good morning Mr. Ronajpat. Mr. Suthilak has asked me to drive you wherever you wish to go today."

"Oh. I can manage on my own. I don't want to trouble you."

"It's no trouble at all sir. This is my job, and Mr. Suthilak just wants to help."

"Thank you Thak. Let's go then."

Just as Arthit and Thak steps out of the house, Kongpob stops in front of them in a red crotch rocket BMW bike fully suited up in black leather pants, and a black sleeveless top with a black leather vest

Just as Arthit and Thak steps out of the house, Kongpob stops in front of them in a red crotch rocket BMW bike fully suited up in black leather pants, and a black sleeveless top with a black leather vest. He takes off his helmet, and shakes his hair a few times to get it to cooperate.

"Sir, have a safe ride."

"No worries Thak. Just take care of Arthit. I'll be going now. I'll see you guys later."

Kongpob nods to Arthit, and puts his helmet back on, then drives off. Leaving a speechless Arthit standing there.

All Arthit could think was, I could have been riding in the back of that?