Chapter 74

Shanghai

"Sir, Arthit has been arrested." Thak said even before Kongpob got into the car.

"What? Is he okay? What the fuck happened? Where's Luke? Where is Arthit now?" Kongpob fired a bunch of questions.

Thak sighed loudly, "Luke has been arrested too. They are both charged for battery and assault. They are both at the police station. I don't have the details, but it seems like the victim is in the hospital."

"What the fuck is going on?" Kongpob shouted exasperatedly.

"We need to go back now." Kongpob said as he pulled out his phone. He can't even describe how worried and how upset he is at the situation right now.

"Hello Mr. Wang. I'm sorry, but I have an urgent family matter to attend to back in Bangkok. I will not be able to meet you this evening, nor tomorrow. If necessary, I can return the day after tomorrow to review the contract details."

.....

"Thank you for your understanding. Goodbye."

There were still terms he had wanted to negotiate, and concessions to be requested for the contract. But now all that will have to wait. At this point it's no longer his priority, and he will probably just have to concede due to time constraints.

"Thak, how soon can we get a jet?" Kongpob asked as he put his phone away.

"In ninety minutes Sir." Thak said after confirming their flight.

"Okay, let's go back to the hotel to pack up. Call Bie to bail Arthit and Luke. I need to see Arthit tonight." Kongpob closed his eyes, and rubbed his temples. Maybe he should have confronted Arthit about his lie. There's seriously never a dull moment.

~~~~~~

Bangkok

Arthit and Luke are sitting in the cell while the police officers got their paperwork done. No one would be able to tell that Luke was just in a fight. His hair was still perfectly in place, and there was no visible scratches on him. He kept his cool stoic face intact. Arthit on the other hand had a huge bruise on his left cheek, and the corner of his lips was cracked with some dried blood. Arthit's right knuckles were also swollen and cut.

"I'm sorry you're in this mess. You shouldn't have gotten involved." Arthit said looking at his knuckles. This is the first time Arthit has ever been in a physical fight.

"It's my job to protect you." Luke said with his arms crossed, and legs crossed ankle-on-knee. He was just watching the police officers working from where he is sitting.

"Do you think Kongpob knows?" Arthit asked.

"Positive. I'm willing to bet that we will be bailed within the next couple of hours." Luke said confidently.

"By whom? We haven't called anyone yet." Arthit can already guess, but it's too scary to phantom the thought.

"Either Madam or Kongpob will send someone."

Arthit rubbed his face. He doesn't know which is worse, facing Sonya or Kongpob. When he was offered to make a call, he didn't know who to call. He didn't want to worry Krystal, and she most likely wouldn't have the money anyway. He didn't want to bother Knot either. Knot had already helped him a lot with finding a place for his mother and Krystal. If Luke wasn't in this cell with him, he would have called Luke.

"Shit. I'm not ready to see Kongpob, and I definitely don't want to see Sonya here."

"Well, lucky for you then. They will definitely not be here at the station. However, you will definitely have to face them later."