Chapter 90

Tokyo

"Arthit, you should eat the mango puddings." Kongpob said with a slight frown on his face.

Arthit had on a mischievous grin. "Later. Right now I want to eat you." Straddling Kongpob, Arthit placed his hands around Kongpob's neck, and lowered his face to kiss the lips he has been missing so much.

"Mmm... Arthit...stop." Kongpob turned away to the side. But he gripped on to Arthit, making sure Arthit doesn't fall back.

Arthit frowned seeing Kongpob act this way. What's the big deal? Sure, he went to meet Sora alone, but it was a public place. There were plenty of people there, and he wasn't even planning to stay. It was only going to be thirty minutes tops.

"Kongpob, don't you think you're overreacting? It's a bit childish you know. I didn't expect this from you." Arthit irritatedly said, pushing himself out of Kongpob's hold.

Kongpob snapped his head back hearing those words. He tightened his grip on Arthit's waist, not letting the latter get away. "Childish? You think it's childish to be worried about your loved ones?"

Arthit rolled his eyes. "Worried? What is there to be worried about? I'm not five. I'm a grown ass man going to a restaurant." Arthit retorted. It just sounded ridiculous to him.

Kongpob glares at Arthit. "You're not just any grown ass man. You are my boyfriend. You need protection at all times."

"Protection from whom? From Sora? Are you really that jealous? It doesn't suit you Mr. Kongpob Suthilak." Arthit finally pushed himself off Kongpob's lap, and sat back down to the side. Like, what could possibly have happened? It's just stupid.

"This is not about some petty jealousy. This is about your safety. Things can happen anywhere. And way too quick for you to even realize you are in danger. It only takes one laced drink, one wrong turn, or one bad person. Do you know how many people are kidnapped in a year? Do you know there's an actual underground business for kidnap and ransom? I was a victim if you have forgotten." Kongpob sighed, and faced the window.

People don't realize that it's a real threat. Kidnappers make over $1.5 billion USD annually around the world. Most cases go unreported because of the fear of retribution, or shame of what had happened. Many women get raped, and their families don't want their reputations to be tarnished. Especially so called elite socialites. So, those victims suffer silently.

Why else would he have a whole team of security? He already tries to make it as unobtrusive as possible for their daily lives. Some much less wealthy, or prominent people have way more security than he does.

Kongpob doesn't want Arthit to live in fear, and he has tried real hard to keep things as normal as possible for Arthit. Arthit has only been guarded from a distance back home because they are together most of the time. However, this is not home. This is a whole different country.

Being a part of his world is not always glamorous or easy. There's trade-offs that you have no control over. Even he, himself has to live with the fact that he is never actually alone. He has a bodyguard with him even during seemingly harmless business meetings. It's not like he enjoys having Luke, Thak or any of the other ones from the security team hear them fuck all the time. But that's just the reality he lives in.

Arthit stilled. Hearing what Kongpob had just said brought back a conversation between him and Luke a few months ago.

"Why are you following me?" Arthit asked, staring at Luke.

"For your safety. Also, to protect Mr. Suthilak."

"I don't need protection. And how does my safety concern Mr. Suthilak?"