Chapter 33

Friday - Tokyo (cont.)

Kongpob! Kongpob!...where are we going?"

Kongpob held Arthit's hand pulling him along.

"Just follow me, and you will see."

Arthit pulls his hand from Kongpob's, but the latter quickly grabs it back. Only this time tighter so Arthit couldn't get away.

Arthit just shyly follows Kongpob towards the elevator.

"Kongpob, when are we going to Kobe? Shouldn't we grab our stuff?"

"No, we don't need anything. We will be back tonight."

Kongpob and Arthit went down to the hotel's lobby. Upon stepping out of the elevator, the hotel's concierge greeted them.

Concierge: Good morning Mr. Suthilak and Mr. Ronajpat. I am Yuto Morinaga. Your chopper is ready. Please follow me. A light lunch has also been prepared as you requested. You will find it in the cabin.

Kongpob: Thank you Mr. Morinaga for the quick service.

Concierge: You are welcome. It is my pleasure to be of service. Your two rooms will be transferred to our premium branch Ritz-Carlton upon your return. We will have all your baggage transferred as well. Please watch your step.

Kongpob nods as he and Arthit followed Mr. Morinaga into a secluded elevator that required a key card for access.

Kongpob: Please extend my gratitude to Mr. Miura.

Arthit is confused looking between the two men in front of him. He doesn't understand Japanese very well, other than the basic greetings. So, he really didn't know what was going on. He is impressed by how fluent Kongpob sounded. What can't this man do?

He is also a little embarrassed that Kongpob still hasn't let go of his hand. It's not like he has plans to run away. At least not before the end of this weekend. Arthit looks at their joined hands again, and he tries to hide his smile.

Arthit is so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize that they have arrived to the top floor of the hotel. Mr. Morinaga led them down a hall, and then stopped in front of a pair of metal doors.

Concierge: Gentlemen, are we ready? Please hold on to any loose belongings.

Kongpob looked to Arthit who is still clueless.

Kongpob: Are you ready?

Arthit: Huh? Ready for what?

Kongpob shakes his head in amusement.

Kongpob: To get on the helicopter? Chopper?

Arthit: Oh...no! I've never been on one. I'm afraid of heights. Can we just take the jet?

Arthit tries to pull Kongpob back from the door with a slight panic on his face.

Kongpob: Come on. I promise it's safe. I'm here with you.

Kongpob flashed his signature smile at Arthit, and Arthit could do nothing but hesitantly agree. Mr. Morinaga smiled at the scene in front of him. Once, Arthit gave his little nod, Mr. Morinaga opened the door to reveal a helicopter waiting for them. The pilot was standing in front of it waiting to greet the two men.

 The pilot was standing in front of it waiting to greet the two men