Chapter 120

(AN: Don't play music until indicated.)

Now that the dust has settled, Kongpob and Arthit are finally left alone to enjoy their honeymoon. The past six months felt like a whirlwind circus to Arthit. At times, it got so stressful that he wanted to just call everything off. Just staying as they were would have been fine with him but then the very thought of being able to wake up every day and calling Kongpob his husband kept him going.

Initially, Kongpob had suggested eloping somewhere, just the two of them. Arthit was more than happy about that. That is until they told Sonya about their engagement and plans. Sonya was happy for them but Arthit could see the flash of disappointment on Sonya's face when Kongpob said they plan to just elope. Sonya didn't say anything and respected their choice but Arthit knew it bothered her. Then a couple of days later Arthit went to his mother and sister's house to announce their engagement. Kongpob was busy that evening so he went alone but he didn't mind. He wanted to spend some time with them alone anyway. His mother and sister were more than ecstatic about the news. They even called Kohl right away to let him know too. Everyone was happy for them but Arthit couldn't get Sonya out of his mind. So he talked to his mother about it.

Flashback

"Arthit, I'm so happy for you. I haven't been the best mother and I've failed to protect you like a mother should have all these years. I'm so sorry. I thank Buddha every day that you are doing well and you have found your other half." Ploy smiles and looks at her son through the mirror and grabs a hold of her son's hand that's combing her hair.

"Mom, I don't think Kongpob's mother is very happy with our decision."

Ploy quickly turns around in her chair to face her child. "Why? I thought she has always liked you and she has been supportive of you and Kongpob this whole time."

"She was happy, mom. Sonya was very happy when we announced that we're engaged but then when Kongpob said that we plan to elope, I could see the disappointment in her eyes." Arthit casts his eyes down.

Ploy pulls Arthit to sit down on the bed next to her. "Arthit, as a mother myself, I think I can understand her. Kongpob is her only son. Her pride and joy. And from what you have told me, it wasn't easy for a woman like her to raise her son amongst wolves and thieves. So, it's only natural that she would want to see and be a part of such a milestone in her son's life. Even I would like to witness my son getting married."

"Do you think I'm robbing this from her? I mean, if I were a girl, I know this would be the wedding of the century. We haven't told the Ruangroj family yet but I can imagine that they would be disappointed too. I feel like I'm the reason for their disappointment."

Ploy nods and pushes Arthit's bangs behind his ear. She acknowledges the truth in her son's words. Someone of Kongpob's status would definitely have a wedding that makes headlines if he wasn't marrying another man, specifically her son. "Arthit, I understand what you're saying and I may even agree. However, you have failed to ask what Kongpob feels about all this. Maybe he really doesn't want a big wedding. I'm sure he's thought of all of this before proposing. He's a smart man so he knows what he's doing. And here's another question, say if Kongpob really is only choosing to elope because of you, would you also be willing to have a big wedding because of him?" Ploy sympathetically looks into her son's eyes.

End of flashback

Arthit thought about what his mother said all night. He knows love and marriage are just between the two of them but he doesn't want Kongpob to live with the guilt of disappointing his family, especially Sonya. He has come to really like and respect Sonya and he doesn't want to disappoint her too. And if Kongpob is willing to elope because of him, then he's also willing to go through a big wedding for Kongpob.