Chapter 47

Kongpob looked up through his glasses at me, and I was rooted to my spot. He took the few steps between us, and grabbed me by the arm. He pulled me into the elevator, and nodded to Luke behind me. My eyes were fixed on him, so I wasn't sure what was happening. He is so damn hot. His scent is intoxicating. My breath hitched at our closeness.

"Arthit, are you okay? I knew I shouldn't have let you walked."

Kongpob took his jacket off, and wrapped it around me. Then he used his sleeve, and started dabbing my face to wipe the water that was dripping from my hair.

"Kongpob...."

Ding

"Come with me." Kongpob held my hand, and I pulled my hand back.

"Kongpob, people will see us." Kongpob looked at me surprised, and then formed a slight frown.

"There's nobody on this floor. Just come." Kongpob grabbed my hand again.

"What floor are we on?" I asked as Kongpob dragged me across the room.

The whole floor essentially looked like a library with rows and rows of bookshelves. There's file cabinets that lined the walls.

"We are on the 40th floor. It's the highest floor of the building other than the rooftop. It's my company's file storage."

"What are we doing here? I'm going to be late for work?"

"Arthit, you can't go to work drenched like this. You will get sick. You are already shivering."

"I'm really fine. I can just take off my jacket, and my hair will dry in no time. Don't worry. You should take your jacket back too. I'm getting it wet."

Kongpob led me to a room in the back. He punched in a code, and the door unlocked. We walked into a room that looked like a typical hotel room with a bed and a bathroom. The window had the same view as his office looking out to the city.

"Kongpob, what is this place?" I looked around.

"I sometimes work overnight, and crash here for a few hours. Why don't you take a super quick warm shower, and change into something dry. I have only a couple of basic suits here, but it should do."

I have this sudden overwhelming desire to hold this man in front of me. Why does he care so much? I reached my arms around to try to hug him, but he put a firm hand to my chest stopping me.

"As much as I would like to hug you, I don't want to get wet too." He smiled, and pointed to the bathroom.

I was confused for a second, but then I conceded after realizing I was in fact soaking wet. I handed him his jacket back.

"Thank you." I awkwardly walked towards the bathroom.

"There are towels in there that you can use, and there are suits and shirts in the closet here. I would love to wait for you, but I have a conference call in 15 minutes. You can just take the elevator back down. It doesn't need a key to go down. If you need anything else, just let me know. I have to get going."

"Thanks." I said softly smiling at him. I was a little disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting.

Okay, I know exactly what I was expecting, and I was even ready to turn it down. Okay, maybe not turn it down, but at least put up a little fight, but I guess I got ahead of myself.

I heard the door click as I entered the bathroom. I guess he really needs to be on that conference call. I should make it quick too as I don't want to be too late for work.