SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
THE RETURN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:THE RETURN

[LONGEST CHAPTER EVER]

Alex still held Klaus' arm tightly, waiting for the bus to stop. Klaus wasn't looking too good. he had a sad look in his eyes. Alex couldn't judge, he had some tears in his eyes before they came back but it seemed they no wanted to fall. Alex leaned on Klaus and felt a hand going behind him and around his middle, holding him tightly. the old man on the bus looked at them and shook his head with a smile.

As the bus came to a stop they got up, Klaus's hand now moving to Alex's wrist. they walked out the bus with the briefcase in one of Klaus's hands.

They looked at each other for a second, before Klaus gently moved his hand away from Alex, and with another glance, he lifted the briefcase and the air and then brought it back down, making sparkes fly out.

He did that some more until he was sure the briefcase couldn't be used anymore.

And then he threw it away from where he and Alex stood, hearing the briefcase going up in flames. and without giving the briefcase another glance, he walked up to Alex and hugged him, shoulders shaking from his sobs. Alex ran his hands gently in Klaus's hair while whispering in his ear.

"Let's go," Alex told Klaus, "let's go home."

Klaus nodded and they walked away, holding hands.

When they arrived home, no one was there. And if pogo was around, he didn't show up to greet them.

Alex led Klaus upstairs to his room, sat him on the bed and went to the bathroom. he opened the hot water in the bath and then left, going to Klaus till the bath was full.

When he came into the room he was Klaus, with his chin resting on his hands, looking at him.

Alex smiled and walked up to him, "What's on your mind?" he said as he ran his fingers gently in Klaus' hair.

"How he lived."

Alex hummed, thinking for a second, "Well, if he stayed with Robert, I'm sure he lived a happy life."

This time it was Klaus who hummed, "Can you get some towels, mine are," he waved his hands, "dirty?"

Alex smiled, "Sure."

When he came back into the room, he saw Klaus' clothes laying on the floor and he couldn't hear the water running.

he walked in the bathroom and found Klaus in the bath, "here," and he set the towels on the cabinet and turned to walk away.

"Don't go."

he paused and looked at Klaus.

"Never."