Chapter 23

It was a couple of days after Kiba had vanished from the ORC and since that day they had been searching for Kiba but to no avail, they hadn't found him. Y/n was impressed, he had send his own familiar, rimuru, in order to find him but he still couldn't be found so for that y/n was impressed. Anyways since this morning y/n had been sensing some holy energy since the beginning of the day and he had been wondering what could be the cause of it, was it the two exorcists that were supposed to arrive or was it caused by the excaliburs, anyways y/n knew he would find out sooner or later.

Y/n pov:

'They still haven't found Kiba, should I have told them where I saw Kiba, nah, that would have caused my whereabouts to be found out and I enjoy seeing them scramble everywhere in order to find him,' I said as I got out from the shower. I put on my clothes and I decided to eat a quick breakfast as I had planned to go on a hunt for some strays just to do something for the day since I had nothing planned. I started to walk around the city with my mask on just incase of any devils or fallen Angels as I didn't want them to see me.

I found a stray devil and I swiftly killed it with one swipe of my sword and he was cut in half. 'These strays are extremely weak!,' I thought disappointed by how fast I managed to kill the stray devil. I continued killing the strays in the same manner that I had done to the first one, just slash them with my sword and that was it. There were dead. I was gonna kill another one, when I felt a sudden surge of holy energy in the area.

'That energy, it's holy energy, that could only mean one thing, either a high ranking exorcist or the excaliburs and I've been feeling it since this morning, I've gotta find out what this is about!,' I told myself as I quickly killed the stray and I began walking to the direction from which I was feeling the energy.

I tracked the energy down to Issei's house and I was confused, 'how is holy energy radiating from his house when he's a devil,?' I asked myself but I just continued to his house and knocked on his door. I waited a bit and then Rias answered the door.

"What are you doing here?," she asked me and I explained to her, "I felt holy energy radiating from here so I decided to investigate what's going on here!" I told her and she told me that two exorcists had come to Issei's house and I was shocked and thought, 'is she talking about Irina and Xenovia!,' I thought as I began to follow her inside the house and my suspicions were cleared.

On one of the couches, I saw Xenovia and Irina sitting, 'I was right, so they came, something must be going on!,' I thought and when they saw me, Xenovia asked Rias, "is this another member of your peerage?," and Rias shook her head and told her, "no he's not, we have an agreement," she explained and I nodded.

During their time there, Irina and Issei just spent time reconnecting and Issei revealing his perverted side and Xenovi was glaring at me and was trying to figure out who I was. It was decided that they would come to the ORC tomorrow to discuss what they were doing in Kuoh, after that they left and so did I.

*timeskip to the next day*

I was at the ORC alongside Rias and her peerage except Kiba who was still missing, the two exorcists were here and Rias and them were gonna start discussing what they were doing here.

Xenovia was the first speak up as she introduced herself, "allow me to introduce myself, my name is Xenovia Quarta!," she said seriously and Irina introduced herself by saying, "I'm Irina Shidou!," she said in a cheerful tone and Rias asked, "to what do we owe the two representatives of God?," she asked and Xenovia replied, "right,I'll get straight to the point, we want you and your peerage to stay out of our business!," and Irina joined in and said, "recently parts of the excalibur were stolen from the church. It was done by the fallen angels," and Xenovia said, "we are in possession of two of the excalibur pieces, I have excalibur destruction," and Irina said, "I have excalibur mimic."

Rias then asked her, "and you believe we would be working with them?," and Xenovia responded, "I doubt you're working with them, after all your kind are impervious to holy swords!," and Rias told her, "then I assure you we have nothing to do with the fallen," and Xenovia asked, "then I believe we have an agreement?," and Rias nodded. They were about to leave when they saw Asia.

"I should've known you were gonna side with the devils,Asia Argento!," Xenovia said and Asia became timid and silent. Irina said, "you mean the saint, Asia Argento, I don't believe it!," and then Xenovia asked Asia, "I have a question for you, do you still believe in God?," and Irina proceeded to tell her how stupid her question is because Asia is a devil but Xenovia told her how they still had people who were exiled from the Church but still believed in God and Xenovia asked her again, "do you believe in God, Asia?," and Irina asked, "tell me do you believe in God?," and Asia said, "yes I still believe in God, even though I'm a devil."

Xenovia then told her, "then let me kill you in the name of God and I hope you are forgiven for your sins!," she said as she gripped her excalibur destruction and was about to strike down on her but before she could I caught her sword.

"I'm sorry I can't allow you to kill an innocent person regardless if she's a devil or not!," I told her and she glared at me and asked me, "now, who are you?," and I answered, "my name is not of your concern, but you can't kill an innocent person!," and Issei also said, "yeah, he's right, you can't just kill Asia just because she's a devil!," and for once I agreed with him.

Xenovia then told us, "She has sinned and is asking for repentance. Therefore, I shall give her what she deserves, a saint only needs God's love. Anymore and she will be declared a witch. I'm doing this in the lords name!"

I told her, "so if you were once a valkyrie and turned a devil, would you have wanted me to strike you down in the name of Odin?," I asked her and she remained silent. 'Not like any valkyrie would turn a devil!,' I thought

She was about to say something when I heard a familiar voice, "this is perfect!," and it was none other than Kiba. 'Hes back,' I thought and then Xenovia asked, "who are you?," and he replied, "your superior!."

I saw that he was staring angrily at the excalibur and I smirked and thought, "interesting!."

_______________________________________

A/n: this is the 23rd chapter of my story and I hope you enjoy it and until next time, ✌