Chapter 39

We see y/n standing face to face with Kuroka who was actually the black cat that he had seen staring at him for the past couple of days. She had followed him home the other day when he had that argument with the ORC. Anyways apparently y/n was chosen as her 'mate,' and right now he was confused about the entire situation. He also found out that Kuroka was Koneko's sister because they shared the last name and she confirmed it when he asked her. Earlier that day, y/n had a chat with 4 of the devils, mainly Xenovia, Kiba, Koneko and Asia and he reconciled with them but he still hadn't forgive Issei, Akeno and Rias because they hadn't apologized to him.

Y/n pov:

'What did she just call me?,' I asked myself as I told her, "can you repeat that?," and she giggled and said, "I know you heard what I said, you, y/n, you are my mate!"

Then I asked her, "but why me?," and she smiled and responded, "well Vali rejected me because he doesn't want a mate, he just wants to fight strong opponents and he says he doesn't want one as it would be a distraction to him but when I saw your fight against Vali and you won, I knew then and there that you would be my mate, nya!."

I then realized something, she had to be a member of Khaos Brigade if she saw the fight. "Wait, you're a member of Khaos Brigade, aren't you?" I asked her and she nodded and said, "yes, I am, I'm a mess of the Vali team also, nya!."

I smirked and asked her, "I bet you're here to recruit me, aren't you?," and she smirked and said, "nya, you catch on fast, I'm here to recruit you, but I have a feeling that you're going to deny!."

I chuckled and said, "you're spot on, I deny but I must ask you, why did you join the Khaos Brigade?," I asked genuinely curious and she responded, "why else would I join, I wanted to see the destruction of all the factions so when I heard that Khaos Brigade had a similar goal, I joined, nya!."

When she said that I knew she was lying because the way how she sounded seemed like she was hiding the real truth and I was determined to find out.

I told her, "I know you're lying, that wasn't the actual reason you joined the Khaos Brigade!," she looked at me shocked and asked, "nya, what do you mean, I told you that's the reason I joined Khaos Brigade," and I looked her in the eyes and said, "listen to me, I know you're lying, I can tell that there's much more to the story than that, please tell me why exactly you joined Khaos Brigade."

She sighed and said, "nya you're right, I didn't join Khaos Brigade for that reason!," when she said this her cat ears dropped and I said, "you can tell me the actual reason."

She started to explain, "before I joined Khaos Brigade, me and Shirone led a normal life but then both of our parents died and we didn't know what we were gonna do. However we were found by a devil who reincarnated me into his peerage as a bishop. Soon, my magical powers and senjutsu reached a point where I was stronger than my master. He then began experiments on me in hopes of creating a super devil and fearing for what could happen to Shirone, I killed him and I was labeled a stray devil. I kept on getting attacked and chased by devils but then Vali found me and promised that if I joined his group, he would offer me a safe place so I accepted that offer. Soon Khaos Brigade recruited us and here we are."

I was shocked and sad because she had gone through so much and she didn't deserve the suffering that she had to go through, she then continued, "after I killed my master, the devils committed a genocide of the nekoshou's and all that's left of them is me and Shirone."

I was angry, how could the devils kill so much innocent people for a simple reason like that when they didn't even know the full truth, 'those heartless bastards, how could they do something like this!.'

She looked at me and asked me, "am I a monster, nya?" I went up and hugged her and said, "no, you're not, it takes a person that truly loves their siblings to do what you did. I respect you for what you did for your sister, many people would've allowed it to happen but you sacrificed so much for your sister so for that you're not a monster and I'll make sure the devils know what truly happened."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and asked, "do you mean it, nya?," she asked and I nodded and said, "you deserve it after all you've been through!."

When I said that, she hugged me and began crying and asked, "so do you accept me as your mate?," and I told her, "if you weren't in the Khaos Brigade, I would've instantly accepted you but you've gotta make a decision here, I promise you I'll get you free from your stray title but if you want me as your mate, you have to make a decision." She looked down.

"So what's it gonna be, you can stay here with me or you can go back to the Khaos Brigade?," she thought about if for a second and she said, "nya, I'll think about it, Vali has done so much for me, I've just gotta clear my mind and think about it for a few days."

I told her, "I understand, think about it but I want an answer in the next few days and don't worry I'll make sure your name is clear!," I told her and she ran up to me and hugged me and said, "thank you so much!." I nodded.

She then kissed me on the cheeks and formed a teleportation circle and stepped on it and left.

I thought, 'poor girl, had to sacrifice so much and be labeled as a criminal but she did it for her sister and I respect that' I smiled to myself and then I began to remember something and I thought, 'reminds me of Itachi.'

I then saw Ayumi walk in and she asked, "did anything happen while I was away at school?," and I chuckled and said, "I met someone interesting, earlier!." She looked confused but shrugged.

I went outside and thought, 'I guess I'll have to pay a visit to Ddraig!.' I thought while watching the stars.

_______________________________________

A/n: this Is the 39th chapter of my story, I hope you enjoy it and until next time, ✌