Chapter 1. Snake Charmer

Laying in bed, Alice was curled into FP's side; the sheets covering her intimate parts as well as in a daze as she took in the man cradling her.

"Y'know despite everything..." his deep voice stated in a whisper as his fingers grazed her Serpent tattoo.

She turned her head to look at him speak.

"I'd say this was a go, considering you healing from unthinkable news." He propped himself up a tad more just so that he could look down at her gorgeous features.

She giggled. "Well, you know---I've never stopped thinking about you. Especially at night... I would go to sleep with thoughts of you and wonder about everything," she pressed a hand to his chest, her fingers feeling his soft and tan skin. "I've always hoped we would get to do this again," she turned more to face him, her lips meeting his.

"I'm sorry about the circumstances..." he had to add, just because it wasn't the ideal situation.

"I'm not worried about it---" she added calmly. "Hal was always jealous of you... I'm surprised he never actually tried to kill you. But then again, you know how to fight and he would never try to take you. You could've taken him down in a heartbeat," she grinned, stroking the side of his face with her fingers.

"Guess I was lucky enough anyway---I got you," he winked at her.

"You've always been my snake charmer," she mentioned.

"I'm surprised it took me this long to charm you," he mentioned, moving a little closer to her to kiss her again.

"Mm," she hummed softly but then pushed him away gently. "I should go..."

"No," he complained.

Giggling, "The kids are gonna be home soon and I'm sure I have to argue with Betty about something," she rolled her eyes.

"Alright," he patted her hip and let her go from his grasp. "And why is that?" he laid back, propping his head with an arm.

Sliding out of bed, she started to gather her clothes. "Well, she's been knocking the idea of me being with the Farm for some time... She doesn't like it---she thinks it's some sort of cult," she rolled her eyes again.

He turned his head with raised eyebrows. "Well, there's something powerful about it if it got you into my bed."

"Oh, shut up, Forsythe," she laughed, buttoning her jeans in place. "You know, I've always had a thing for you, my love---never went away."

"It just took some time," he smirked and shut his eyes.

"Alright, well..." she pulled her blouse down. Sinking a knee into the mattress, she came forward to kiss his lips. "Call me?"

"Absolutely---what time?" he smiled, his hand roaming her back.

"Anytime. Betty's been spending time with Jughead to be away from me so I've had the house to myself with the exception of Polly coming around every so often," she assured.

"So, sister against sister when it comes to the Farm, huh?" he sort of laughed.

"Mm, like you wouldn't believe. You're really lucky you have a son and a daughter," she laughed. "Plus with Jellybean not even here, he has nobody to fight with."

"Either way, Jughead loves his sister---he hugs her and she gets fiesty," he chuckled.

She laughed in return and kissed him again. "Okay, now I'm going," she assured.

"I'll see you," he waved as she picked her purse up to go.

···

Arriving home, Alice got off the car and noticed Jughead's motorcycle in front of her house, so she had a feeling Betty was home. Entering her home, she noticed them sitting on the living room floor with the Juniper and Dagwood.