Chapter 46. Survive the Night

Jughead and Charles were sharing a room at the Five Seasons, going through all of their combined research and trying to figure out where Betty could have been.

"And you're sure she disappeared after she freed you?"

"Positive," he nodded. "She cut the rope because we were in the same room. I got the babies out of there and to Cheryl, then we were supposed to meet and then I ended up fighting Edgar and I couldn't find her afterwards when I found Sweet Pea."

He curled his lips to the side. "I don't know where she could have gone at all. I mean, this is weird and not planned. You don't think Edgar did something before you killed him?"

"No," he shrugged. "I don't know," he backed up and took a seat, pinching the bridge of his nose. "It's almost like she disappeared," he looked down at his watch. "I have to go, Alice is scheduled to have her C-section soon and I told her I'd be there before she went in with FP and waiting till after."

"Okay, send photos," he asked. "My sibling too after all."

Charles then stood and he put one sleeve on, the other side of his blazer draped over his slung shoulder. As he walked over to the door, he noticed a fancy envelope on the ground. "Uh, Jug?"

"Yeah?"

"You're Hellcaster, right?" he wondered, bending down to pick up the card.

"Not for a while, but yeah?" he shut his laptop and he got up to see what his brother was looking at.

"I've seen a few of these," he handed it over.

"It's an invitation," he opened the dark stationary, revealing a red letter with black calligraphy. "Gives an address, but it says not to bring our phones or to tell our parents..." he creased a brow.

"Where's the address to?" Charles asked.

"Thornhill," he mumbled. "But that can't be right---I don't think anybody's currently living there, not since Cheryl burned it and went to live at Thistlehouse with Nana Rose Blossom. Whoever sent this made a mistake. I don't think you were supposed to see this."

"I don't think so either," he shook his head.

"Let's keep this between us. Don't tell dad or Alice---they have enough on their plate with the new baby, come tonight."

"I won't say anything. You're not here anyway."

He nodded, "But if I'm right, this means Betty got one too; she's the Gryphon Queen. I'm going to try and piece this together because this gives me a clue now. Time to find the Gargoyle King," he arched a brow.

"Good luck, text me before you leave, so I can keep track of the time."

"Got it," he nodded and went back to the chair he had been sitting on.

···

Alice was being prepped for surgery when Charles got there, FP the same.

In order to enter the very sterilized room, one nurse supplied him with a mask, hair cap and a clothing cover.

"Hey, sweet boy," the blonde grinned at the sight of her son, still over the moon at his return.

The only thing on her being was a hospital gown and head cover, in which had her hair gathered up.

FP had a clothing cover and a cap as well as he let their son in.

"Hi, just came to wish you luck and see you off... Doctors said it shouldn't take more than an hour, so I'll be here when you guys come out," he assured. "I also just want to mention that I'm really happy for the both of you and I'm happy to be a big brother... again, I guess," he smirked. "I'm glad I get to experience it firsthand instead of sixteen and such years later."