Chapter 22. Becoming Family

The weeks would slowly pass the two families by; Jughead, Jellybean and FP would finally fully move in with Alice and Betty.

FP and Gladys' divorce was finally set in place and she left town.

Alice was working for RIVW and her secret surprise was out to everybody and everybody was so proud and excited for her.

Meanwhile, on the Serpent side of things, Jughead, along with Sweet Pea and a few others, they helped the the sheriff with catching all of the dealers associated with Kurtz. So far, they had caught three, but in the coming weekend, they decided they would go on a spree in order to knock it all out at once.

Coming home from his day at work, FP was greeted at the door by Alice.

She kissed his lips heavily, caressing his body against hers.

"Well, hello to you too," he smirked, taking her hips into his arms. "You're home early..." he pointed out.

"I wanted to surprise you... Spending a little time together."

"It's a great surprise," he leaned in to kiss her again. "Wait, are the kids home?" he wondered.

"We have the house to ourselves for approximately three hours," she smirked. "You come with me," she dragged him up the stairs, practically jogging.

"Wait," he laughed as he ran after her. "I have something I want to tell you!"

"Honey, is it life or death?" she asked, pulled his uniform off of him.

"No, not exactly. But it is exciting," he assured.

"Ah, well, then it can wait, Mr. Man," she pulled him in by the collar and she kissed him, backing up in to the the bed, causing both of them to fall back into the mattress.

"You can be such a wild thing," he commented, smirking as he kissed her and did his best to undress himself.

"And that's why you love me, I am sure of it," she scooted up the bed, pulling her blouse off as she watched him maneuver around his clothing.

"It's one reason," he assured.

"I'm in dire need at the moment, Forsythe..."

"I can see that," he assured, crawling towards her once he was released of everything piece of clothing.

She then pulled the covers back and she allowed him to get under the blanket with her.

"What's the occasion?" he wondered, kissing her lips.

"Does it have to be an occasion? I just wanted you badly... You were gone for so long and with three kids in our house, when do you have time for ourselves?"

"I guess you have a point," he easily flipped over her and he settled, hovering her as he worshipped her body with gentle kisses and passion.

···

The couple remained in bed, side by side and tangled within the sheets as they laid within their afterglow.

"Y'know, this is becoming more and more seamless..." she mentioned, resting her head on his bare chest.

"Hasn't it always been?" he wondered.

"Oh, yeah. But I'm saying, we were with other people. If not for your divorce, which I am sorry, by the way, but if not for your divorce, we'd still be having an affair. We'd still be sneaking around---it's never just been right."

"I get what you mean," he agreed. "Also don't be sorry about my divorce... I'm not and that's because it was over long before we even started hooking up and seeing each other again."