Chapter 55. Parents of Riverdale

The next week would fly by rather quickly and Alice would be preparing for the simple get-together between herself and the parents of her children's friends.

Downstairs, the blonde woman was setting up Lana's bassinet for the sake of the gathering; she needed the girl in plain sight and where she could get to her more quickly.

Since the gathering was only taking place in her house, Alice was dressed casually though nicely; wearing a long, black tee shirt dress in which went down to her ankles and it was a soft, thin cotton. She only wore a pair of moccasins on her feet and over the top portion of her body, she wore a camel colored, knit cadigan.

Just as she was setting Lana into her bassinet, there was a knock on the door.

Alice then headed over and she opened the front door. "Hey, Fred," she grinned, allowing him in and then shutting the front door, though leaving it unlocked for the incoming people.

"Hey, how's it going?" he wondered.

"Pretty good," she moved passed him and she went to sit on her armchair near. Hovering over the arm, she was able to keep an eye on her daughter.

"Man, she is cute," he chuckled. "Crazy how much she looks like you and FP already."

She smiled, "She is a solid mix," she agreed.

"Anyways, back to this little brunch thing..." he mentioned.

"Oh, you just reminded me," she hopped up and she went over to the kitchen. "Keep talking, I'm listening---I just needed to put these in the oven," she spoke of her homeade cinnamon rolls.

"Yeah, so what is this about?" he wondered, following her into the kitchen and leaning against the counter.

"It's just really important," she ensured as she stuck the platter into the oven. "I'm not gonna tell anybody else until way late into this gathering, but I'll tell you because I know you won't say anything."

He nodded.

"FP and Charles started an investigation on Penelope Blossom; she kidnapped our kids and held them hostage at Thornhill and we'll get into why too, but not now."

"Gee, that's terrible," he scratched the back of his head. "I had no idea, but what does that have to do with us? Hermione told me she got a call from you too."

"Well, Fred, that will be discussed today. I don't want you guys freak out or say anything, do anything that might make Penelope trash her evidence."

"Okay..."

"I promise, everything will start making sense, just trust me. Also, FP and Charles should be coming back home to make sure that all is discussed. Once he gets here, they'll do most of the talking, I'm just hosting mostly."

"Guess that's an upper to having Alice Smith as your girlfriend. You've always planned great parties and such things," he chuckled. "Must have made things easy on FP."

"Definitely, told him not to even think about this get-together," she explained.

Soon enough, the door opened and in came Hermione Lodge.

"Hello, Madame Mayor," Fred greeted her.

"Fred," she smiled.

"Is Hiram with you?" Alice asked.

"He is unable to attend... He couldn't break his last minute engagement, but I'll be sure to deliver the message," she explained.

"Doesn't that make him look just the tiniest bit shady?" Alice asked.