Chapter 52. Revenge

Alice had been back and forth that night; waiting up for FP, checking her phone and checking on and feeding Lana.

It was about eleven at night, Jughead was barely getting in and the lady of the manor was setting the baby back down to go to sleep.

As she walked into the hall to get back down the stairs, she was stopped.

"Mom, could you come here?" Betty asked her.

"Sure, honey, are you alright?" she came in and sat on the edge of her bed.

"I can't sleep. Look, I told you everything because Charles told me you were worried about me. With everything that has happened in the last year, I just wanted to help that. So, I told you the truth. Please, don't be mad at FP because of this," she pleaded. "He really didn't do anything and I asked him not to tell you."

"I so appreciate your thoughtfulness; how you were looking out for me, how you've been doing that since your sister and I got home. But you're not taking care of you and that is my job."

"You would have never let me start talking to Edgar in order to get Charles back. If I hadn't done what I did, he could be dead right now."

"You and Jughead are always getting into things that you shouldn't. You and your friends for that matter, wasn't it you and Archie who caught the fake Black Hood last year and he made you bury Archie alive?" she stood up, pacing around as she thought back.

"Mr. Keller got there on time, mom, and it wasn't even the real Black Hood."

"It's the point, Elizabeth. There were other ways we could have gotten Charles back or handled things."

"But how long would that have taken? You had already put him on the missing persons lists, FP being the sheriff or not, also being his father, it took too long. They didn't find him and they didn't know how to remove him once they did. I got in and I may have gotten into some trouble to do it, but I got it done. Look, my point is, is that you shouldn't be mad at FP for something I told him to do for me. If you want more details, he told me not to do it, but I did anyway."

"And he kept it from me."

"'Cause I asked him too!" she stressed.

"You could have gotten hurt, you could be dead and he wouldn't have told me until it happened."

"Oh, my God, mom, don't be so dramatic. You almost died like four months ago---making a deal with the devil. Polly held you under water until you weren't breathing. You didn't tell any of us what your plans were and we had to save you last minute, not to mention you could have killed Lana in the womb. Unfortunately for Charles, he had to meet you that way."

"You are my daughter and this is completely different," she crossed her arms.

"Mom, no it isn't. Not at all," she laughed. "At least FP knew where I was to begin with---I told somebody and I was being protected by FP's deputies, the FBI and the Serpents."

"I'm not going to talk to you about this right now. You have school in the morning and you should be resting."

"I'll come with you," she got out of bed and she followed her out into the hall.

As they traveled down the stairs, they caught the front door opening slowly.

Immediately Alice picked her head up, hoping iy was FP.

Just then, Jughead walked through the door and he ran into them. "Hey."

"Oh, it's you, Jughead," Alice sighed at the sight of him.