Chapter 35. Show-off

When the next morning arrived, the sun was slightly peeking through the curtain of her window; enough to the point that it would wake her.

Shifting uncomfortably, she managed to sit up, feeling much better than the day before but still crappy if she had to rate it. She looked around and she noticed FP sleeping; his head flopped over on one side as he was nearly buried in his jacket.

"FP?" she kind of whispered and then yawned, putting her head back for a moment. "Forsythe?" she whispered once more.

He slowly opened his eyes, taking a moment to recall his setting, but when his eyes traveled back to Alice, he arched a brow. "Are you okay?" he rubbed his face and dug his knuckles into his eyes. "Do you feel better?" he pushed himself out of the chair and he walked on over.

"I do feel better. Not like the best, but better than when I was brought in," she glanced up at the IV that was still in her arm.

"I'll go get a nurse," he kissed her head and he walked out.

Alice then sighed as she thought back to the night before; her hysterical fit in the midst of all her pain and suffering.

She had just hoped she didn't really terrify FP because she didn't mean to, but she was nervous and after the day she had had, her nerves were shot.

Naturally, she sunk further within the bed again only because it was freezing in the hospital and she laid her hand over her belly, feeling her baby for any movement because even a little would give her more peace of mind. "You must be sleeping still," she concluded, still rubbing her bump.

Just then, FP along with the doctor, they entered and the doctor was more than alert, charitable and happy to see the woman in a better mood.

"Morning, Alice, you're looking well, how are you feeling?" he asked, walking over to her.

FP took residency on his chair once again, still trying to wake up for the sake of receiving any new information.

"I feel much better than yesterday, still tired," she shrugged.

Checking her pulse, "How does your head feel?"

"Um, foggy, if I'm honest. I barely remember even being brought in or... yesterday in general---only a couple of things. I feel blank and out of it. I have a slight headache but it isn't anything I can't handle."

"Good..." he responded. "Your heart sounds good also. I want to run one more test this morning for the sake of the baby. Now that you've had an IV drip, we'll be able to monitor your baby's heart and such things. After this, we'll see if we need you to have one every day. I believe so with the way you're eating so little. But this might also be better nutrition to keep baby healthy."

FP nodded as well as Alice.

"Okay, I'll have a nurse come in and detach you from the IV," he added. "I'll be back soon for the monitoring, but let me know if you have any more questions."

"Thank you," she nodded.

The doctor then disappeared, leaving the couple alone.

"I'll bet you slept awful," she chimed, looking over at him.

He smirked, "It was okay. I'll survive," he assured, placing his hand over her knee. "I'm glad I took the rest of the week off, that means I'll get to be there if a nurse has to come to the house in order to give you an IV."

She nodded. "I actually feel good about the IV drips... I know they're good. I had them when I had Betty," she added.

"Oh, yeah?"