Chapter 45. Butterflies

The days would luckily fly by; for Alice whom was in the hospital, Betty who had been kidnapped, Jughead who was trying to help his girlfriend and brother out of The Farm---it had been a stressful few days and the only person who did not have his head in the game of it all was FP.

He had been worried about Alice who would be having her cesarean section that Friday evening and Betty and Charles since he had yet to hear anything from Jughead or his own department.

It was about ten in the morning that FP decided to leave Alice in order to go back home to change and pick up Jellybean.

Walking through the front door of the house, FP set his keys on the table and he rubbed his eyes gently.

Because he adored Alice so much, he slept on the chair every night and he came home every morning to bring Jellybean over for a while. With her delivery just over the horizon, he was happy though nervous. He knew would have to remain at the hospital for another short while, but that was just their guestimation.

"JB?!" he yelled as he ran up the stairs.

"Yeah?!" she yelled in return and came out of her room to meet him.

"Have you eaten already?"

"Had a bowl of cereal," she nodded.

"Cool, get dressed. I'm gonna take a quick shower and change and then we'll head back to the hospital. Alice wanted some more clothes too."

"Okay, I'll pack her a small bag."

"And if you can, get the baby bag that she prepared."

"Wow, this is so exciting!" she beamed as she spun around to do as asked first.

He chuckled, just happy that she was feeling emotions for the new baby other than annoyance.

···

Once they were about ready to head out the door, not only did Jughead and Charles come running into the foyer, but Fred would also be on his way over.

"Dad?!" Jughead yelled.

FP picked up the bigger overnight bag and he raced down the steps, Jellybean on his trail. "Charles?" he rose a brow and grew excited at the sight of him and he came forward to hug him.

"Careful, it's a dislocated shoulder," the young man assured of his arm that he had clutched with the other hand.

"Oh, but I'm glad you're alright," he creased a brow, then looking at his younger son. "Where's Betty?" he then wondered.

"We don't know," Jughead shook his head.

"I was with her last night and she freed me this morning... Edgar's gone---I shot him. I don't know where she is, but it's not like her to not find a way to contact," the blond went on.

"We'll find her," FP assured.

"I have Serpents patrolling and the FBI already know she's missing," Jughead continued.

"Why didn't you guys go to the hospital?" FP wondered.

"I knew Alice was there. We'll take him, but we wanted you to know he's alright..." Jughead explained. "Plus, she doesn't know Betty and I are back. I'll have to hang out for a bit."

The older man nodded.

"Is Betty going to be okay?" Jellybean asked.

"She's a strong stock, she'll be fine," Jughead assured.

She nodded.

"But you can't tell Alice, kiddo," FP advised once more.

"I know," she nodded.