Chapter 14. Family

"You know, Jug, your dad is so nice," Betty mentioned sweetly.

"Yeah," he sort of smirked and looked over at her. "Oh, no... You're not dumping me for him, are you?"

"Oh, my God, no!" she said sort of grossed out. "I just mean, he really is a good guy."

"Good, because we have enough weirdness going on anyway. Need I remind you that you already share Blossom blood..."

"That was just a sick story and thing to find out. Cooper but a Blossom," she shook her head.

"I just can't get over that our brother is alive. Your mom and my dad had a kid and thankfully you and I share no blood. That would make my love for you really awkward."

She giggled gently and pulled him in by the collar of his sherpa lined, denim jacket. "I think it's weird, but I am almost as obsessed with my mom and your dad's past together as I am with The Farm right now. I mean, mom told me all about it; how she was tough as nails, but then silly putty when it came to FP... But where is the love? She focused on the Midnight Club mostly, but I kind of want to know more."

"I don't," he subtly replied. "Because if we ever got married, not only would you be my wife, but you'd be my step sister if our parents decided to get married too. Same with our parents; my dad would be your stepdad slash father in-law."

"Jug, don't over complicate things, please," she laughed. "I just think it's sweet our parents are together."

"Well, I prefer my dad be with your mom as of lately."

"Oh, yeah?" even though she still intended to keep what FP told her to herself. "How come?"

"Despite your mom's brainwashing, she's a smart and straight woman. She doesn't get into trouble and she's a Northsider in a sense. That keeps my former Serpent King of a dad on track as Sheriff."

"Do you think your mom has something planned?"

"I'm positive... She was also really angry the other night then she and my dad got into it. You'd gone to Vee's."

She nodded.

"I think they're gonna get a divorce," he commented slightly unnerved by the thought.

She curled her lips to the side, "Only time will tell, Juggie," she pecked his lips. "I mean, it could be for the best. All the times when I was a kid and my mom and dad would fight, I believed it was at best. I've never felt my mom was in love with my dad enough while he loved her. In trying to prove his love, he screwed up a lot. She gave him so many chances and then there was the last Black Hood straw and he tried to choke her to death."

"I'm sorry. I guess your parents' divorce beats mine any day," he brought her in closer.

"No, let's not make it a competition, please," she said with wide eyes as she moved back. "I'm just saying, a separation is sometimes better. Even Vee's parents are having issues in that aspect and it's probably a good thing."

"True," he agreed. "How the mighty have fallen. Your parents were the power couple of the Northside, my parents... Well, they tolerated each other for the sake of the Southside at least, Lodges were there for each other's convenience... Now they're all divorcing, dating and having affairs, not to mention killing people," he thought back to Hermione killing Michael Minetta.

She arched her brow in return, but ultimately nodded.

Pretty soon, they were interrupted when FP walked through the door.

"Hey, Mr. Jones. What can we help with?" Betty got off the table she was sitting on and she smoothed her skirt down.

"Hey, kids... So, I asked Mr. Weatherbee if I could pull you out early. All of your teachers will email you homework at his request."