Chapter 27. Mood Swings

When the next morning arrived, Betty came down the stairs; her mother was making breakfast and FP was seated at the table, reading a newspaper.

"Morning," she smiled gently. "Mom, what are you doing here? I thought you leave at six," she then looked at the clock, seeing that it was almost seven-thirty.

"I'm going to head in later only because I'm not feeling too hot this morning and I have some errands to run," she scrunched her nose. "It's really difficult to get things done, so I'm thinking about changing up my schedule."

"Maybe. Your guys' schedules kind of clash unless you take the day off," she said sympathetically.

Just then Jellybean came down the stairs.

"In that case... Mr. Jones, do you mind driving me to school?" she looked over, sort of hinting with wide eyes. "Juggie left early this morning and I don't have a partner," she explained.

"Sure, kiddo, whatever you need," he agreed.

"I'll take you today, JB," Alice added since the preteen started about the same time as the older kids, but her school was further.

"Cool," she nodded as she poured a bowl of cereal.

"Elizabeth, do you have money for school, sweetheart?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "I have everything. Also, after school, I think I'm gonna meet up with Archie again, I don't know if Jug's coming, but I'll let you know."

"Sounds good," her mother nodded and then she averted her eyes down to her cell phone. "Here, I made you a bagel with cream cheese," she slid the plate toward her.

"Thanks, mom," she then got up just to grab some orange juice.

"Eat up, kiddo, we have to go in a few minutes," FP looked down at his watch. "JB, I'll see you soon," he kissed her head.

"Bye, daddy," she grinned. "I love you."

"I love you too," he pushed the side of her face with his fist gently. He then approached Alice and he encircled her with his arms. "I love you too," he winked.

"I love you more," she melted into him, kissing him lovingly.

Betty kind of smirked as she chewed on her bottom lip. "I'll be in the car," she took her bagel and grabbed a paper towel so she could take it with her and leave the couple alone.

Once the teen disappeared, "She's really good at picking times to leave," FP smirked.

"She wants her privacy, so by giving me mine, she earns hers," Alice commented. "No, but she adores the fact that we're together, it's actually funny to me."

"I guess it's also a blessing. At least she's happy---a lot of people have the issue where they don't like their parents' partners."

"The other day, she asked me if we were going to get married and I thought it was really funny," she smirked.

"Why is it funny?" he continued to hold his smile.

"Well, I'm just saying she was so eager. We haven't even talked about it ourselves."

"True, but I guess were talking about it now, right?"

"No, just merely bringing it for the sake of topic..." she kind of grew timid. "We'll talk about this later, okay?" she pulled away from him. "Jellybean--"

"It's JB," she corrected.

"Sorry, honey, JB..." she repeated, trying to gather her words. "Uh, why don't you go get ready, we wouldn't want you to be late. Forsythe, don't make Betty late please," she spun around and she jogged up the stairs.