Chapter 32. Breaking the News

Alice was in bed that night, eating ice cream as she watched about her fourth television show.

FP was in and out to check on her as he made dinner with her directions of course, because she knew she would be eating too and it needed to be something good.

As the former Serpent King slash sheriff moved along the kitchen, the front door opened and in came all three kids.

"Smells good in here," Betty commented. "Mom, what are you--" she stopped when she relaized it was FP when he shut the fridge door. "You're not mom."

"Doesn't seem like my dad either," Jughead arched his brow. "Doppelganger?" he asked.

"Very funny, laugh all you want, but I am following Alice's instructions very carefully---this is going to be edible, I promise."

Betty chuckled. "Where is mom?"

"She's upstairs, in bed. She was placed on bedrest and the paramedics had to come out to pay a visit," he claimed.

"What happened?" the woman's daughter became unnerved.

"Why don't you go upstairs with Jug and JB so Alice can tell them the news."

"Oh, okay," she grinned. "Come on, guys!" she pulled them along.

"I hate surprises," Jughead assured.

FP smirked to himself. "You better love this one because there are no take-backs!" He then continued with his directions, about ready to call Alice on the phone again for more directions.

The kids followed Betty and the blonde knocked gently.

"Come in!" Alice sat up a little as she covered her night dress a bit, only because it was a slinkier nighty.

"Hey, mom," the girl came in. "You get to tell JB and Jug all about the surprise."

She smirked. "Well, I wanted this to be more subtle, but since I got placed on bedrest, I can't walk around as much and tell you how I planned. But your dad and I are having a baby."

Jughead took a step back, unsure of what to make of it.

"That's kinda weird," Jellybean crossed her arms.

"Not the reactions I was hoping for," she replied, pursing her lips.

"Oh, come on, guys, this is great!" Betty beamed. "Jug?"

"I'm more or less surprised, but no, it's cool," he shrugged. "I can't say I know too much about the subject other than your cravings make sense," he smirked as he crossed his arms.

Alice leered but then she kind of giggled. "You're not the only one, bud, it makes a lot more sense to me too," she added. "And JB, what do you think?"

"I don't really know," she shrugged.

"Awe, you'll change your tune," Jughead rubbed the top of her head firmly. "I was upset at mom about having you, but then I saw you and I fell in love."

"Well, where is it gonna sleep?" the young girl asked, shoving her brother off of her.

"In here, with your dad and I," Alice assured. "At least for the first couple years, if I remember correctly," she smirked, thinking about all the times that Betty and Polly occupied her bedroom more than their own for the first three to four years.

Once the girls were old enough and if they got scared, they went to each other's rooms to comfort one another.

Naturally the young blonde smirked. "And plus, in like a year or so, Jug and I will be going to college and only coming around during certain times. Then you'll have your own room and the baby will have their own," she praised.