Chapter 19. Secrets and Surprises

The weekend would approach them soon; FP and Jughead were helping the girls unpack their house and get things back in order since they had been almost done.

Alice had let go of her apartment for the sake of staying in her house and she was actually happy to be staying. Beforehand, it was the loneliness getting the best of her actions and it only made sense when FP said so.

"Alright, kids, Pop's is here!" he brought in a few bags and a couple trays of shakes.

Immediately, Jughead took off with a bag and he ran off with Betty while she grabbed two milkshakes from him.

"Ugh, Godsend!" Alice stated very relieved since the kids were growing hangry as well as herself. "I'm starved and I didn't want to snap at anybody," she took her vanilla milkshake and started drinking it down like a child having sugar for the first time.

"Wow, Al, brain freeze, be careful."

"FP, do you remember when we would race, who could drink a shake faster?" she asked.

"Yeah, dumbest idea ever. Swear, one of those times I had a brain freeze headache for like a week," he claimed as he settled the bags on the kitchen island.

"Well, because of those dumb ideas back when we were kids, I feel no pain to a lot of things," she smirked. "I've never gotten a brain freeze since."

"That's amazing," he chuckled as he started pulling food out for them and Jellybean.

"So, dad, when do we get to move in here?" Jellybean asked.

"Once your mom leaves," he assured. "Soon."

"Well, I think mom would rather have the trailer to herself. Can I at least move in yet?"

"Well, you can ask Alice. Al, what do you think?"

"I think it sounds great," she shrugged, always welcoming to the little girl. "Once we have this place back in order a bit, maybe we can go shopping and you can pick out stuff to decorate your half of the room."

"Really, that'd be sweet!" the preteen exclaimed.

"Yeah, why not. I know the kind of stuff you're into... I may even have some old decorations from when I was a kid," she said proudly. "When I only wore plaid and leather," she joked.

"And lingerie bustiers?" FP thought to add with a raised brow.

"Well, I left that out for the sake of your twelve year old daughter," she smirked. "Wouldn't want her getting ideas."

"Oh, good point," he furrowed his brow. "Alice was a real bad girl---don't be like her," he scolded before taking off with a shake and a burger.

She shook her head with a smirk as she directed her attention to the girl.

"Were you really?" Jellybean asked, climbing on to a stool so she could hear all about it.

"Oh, yeah... I have some clothes I can show you. But only the appropriate ones you can borrow," she was sure to add for the sake of FP. "Other than that, I have lots and lots of photos of us from back in the day. You seem like an old soul just like your brother... I think you'll have fun with my old stuff. My girls weren't brought up like us, so they weren't really interested in my clothing."

"Well, isn't Betty a Serpent now?"

"Yeah, but she still likes her pink. She's got a jacket, but me... I wore dark clothes. Black was my favorite color and I wore a lot of red. Nowadays, I like toned down colors. Like soft golds and beiges and creams... I still love black and reds, it makes me think back to the good ol' days, when I had a crush on FP, when I was listening to Billy Idol, smoking cigarettes and modeling."