Chapter 6. Humor

After getting the message, he went straight to the Northside and he knocked on the door because he didn't want to disrupt her.

The door opened, not even a second later.

She pulled him in and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

"Hey, what's the matter?" he kept an arm around her waist firmly as he used the other to shut the door.

"It doesn't matter, FP, I need you right now," she semi whimpered to him as she yanked his brown leather jacket off. She easily pulled him into kiss her and she unbuttoned his uniform, trying to get it off as fast as she could.

"Whoa, Al, slow down..." he pulled away just to catch his breath.

"I don't want to."

"Al--"

"FP, just come to bed with me, okay? I need to take my mind off of everything," she sobbed.

"Look, why don't you pour yourself a glass of wine and I'll run you a bath?" he offered.

She was getting ready to refuse, but then he propped her head up with his fingertips and he pecked her lips.

"Just relax... We'll do what you want, but calm down."

She nodded her head.

"Okay," he went upstairs to run the bath in her master bedroom. He also went ahead and took off most of his uniform, staying in the pants and just his wife beater that was on underneath. He kicked off his shoes and dressed down his uniform completely in order to get her to chill out and just conform. After stripping his clothes, he went to the bathroom and he started running the hot water and he even put one of her favorite soaps in, just to create some bubbles for her.

Moments later, she came up with her glass of red wine and she sipped on it, her tears totally stuck to her face.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"No," she shook her head.

"Here," he took her glass and he steadied it on the flat edge of the rim. He then pulled her silk robe off of her and he unbuttoned her pajamas for her.

She then did the rest and she walked her naked frame over to the tub, stepping in slowly but surely as she was still trying to turn him on.

He walked in behind her and he sat on the toilet seat as she lowered herself into the scalding water.

She picked up her glass of wine and sipped on it as her icy blue eyes lowered. Then setting the glass down, "Are you gonna keep me waiting all night?"

"Well, I'd like to know what's up with you..." he gently shrugged.

"Does it matter?"

"To me, yes."

"I've had a very stressful day. I missed you..."

"I miss you too. You haven't talked to me in almost two weeks."

"I know, I'm sorry," she let her head fall back. "I wanted to call, but I was angry."

"Yeah, I got the message."

"Forsythe..."

"No, Alice, I don't know why you expect me to put up with this type of shit. I don't like drama. I like to lay low if you haven't noticed. Becoming Sheriff of Riverdale has pretty much taken the last piece of energy I had. I don't have the time or patience to keep up with you right now."

"Look, I called you here to be with me. I'm really having an awful day... Betty left today and I'm really sad. I had nobody to talk to."

"Where is your other daughter and your farm friends?"