Chapter 17. Southside Sheriff

As Alice and Betty approached the trailer, they heard a fierce crashing noise from the outside.

They both furrowed their brows and looked at each other, before running right over.

Betty led the way and she came in first, seeing broken glass on the floor along with Gladys.

"What happened, FP?" Alice asked.

"She just knocked herself out," he groaned, squatting down in order to lift his wife up and off the floor.

"Jug," Betty went over to him, "Are you okay?"

"We're fine. Mom charged at dad with a mug and because she was drunk, she didn't let go of the cup and dad moved. She ran into the wall," he semi smirked, trying not to laugh. "By the way, dad, I think she was high on something. That wasn't just alcohol," the other teen replied.

"Telling me," he placed her on the couch and he started cleaning the blood off of her hand. Looking over at Alice who was seemingly quiet, not even talking badly about the situation.

"Where's JB?" Alice finally asked.

"With a friend," he assured.

"Dad, I have to go see what's going on. I'll be more than willing to fill you in on the details later, but I gotta go," Jughead mentioned.

"I'll head out too," Betty commented.

"Please, don't stay out too late," Alice added.

"We won't, mom," the girl walked over to hug her mother. "Thanks for dinner."

"No problem," she embraced her and kissed her head. "Keep Betty safe, Jughead."

"Always," he assured and then slung an arm around his girl's neck and guided her out of the trailer.

Alice remained a near statue and she turned back to face FP. "So, is she going to be okay?" she asked.

"She should be just fine," he stood up from sitting on the coffee table. "How did it go with Betty?"

"We had a good time," she assured. "I missed her."

"I know. I hope seeing her helped you with whatever problems you were having."

"If it's okay with you, I need her this weekend. I sold our house and got a two bedroom apartment for the time being. It's just us, technically."

"Wait, you sold... You sold the house?"

"Yeah... Why?"

"Well, no reason. I just... You love that house."

"I do. And as much as it is home, it's just too big for me. Polly left with the twins and there really is no reason for us to stay there. I was also hoping, maybe there was a chance she would move in, but she said we'd have to wait."

He nodded in agreement. "I'll see what I can do. If anything, she can spend the night on the DL. I don't mind and if she doesn't, then I don't see the big deal."

"Okay." She then glanced over the edge of his shoulder, watching Gladys sleep. "Things didn't look okay... Or sound okay," she arched a brow. "What's going on with you two?" she crossed her arms.

"She's been dealing. She's the one who bought Hiram out and she's been leading the Gargoyle Gang."

"The Gargoyles?" she said fearfully. "Aren't those G and G players?"

"On dope, yes. They've been working for her and she was forcing them on Jug. These guys are criminals and I don't want them affiliated with my son, so when she wakes up we're gonna have a long talk."