Chapter 56. Systems and the Serial Killer

Later that evening, FP got home and he greeted his baby by pulling her out of her bassinet. He then walked over towards the kitchen, "So, you two stayed down here?" he chuckled as he leaned forward to kiss her.

"Yeah, I had things to do here and I didn't want to bring the bassinet up. That can be your job, sir," she smirked as she dried her plates and put them back in the cupboard.

"Don't worry about it," he agreed to the chore. "After I left, did anything happen?" he wondered.

"Not much... I don't know, they just seem like they're not taking it as seriously since we said you were going to handle it. Making you accountable, that could be trouble at the same time."

He nodded as he also gave his full attention to his daughter.

"In the event that something does happen to any of their kids, especially Veronica, Hermione will have your badge and head on a platter. Fred is the only one who understands the depth and he already said he would talk to Archie."

"Obviously Tom took it seriously, he knows my position, but Sierra is a different story," he explained.

"Right," she nodded as she shut the cabinets and moved onto the next. "There could be trouble... Hermione showed up alone, and that alone bothered me, but after you left, she said, if Veronica was well and alright, she had nothing to worry about. Coming out of the mayor's mouth, it's a little astonishing. I don't think she'll bother to tell Hiram," she then added.

"Maybe not," he agreed. "I'll have Betty explain to her what happened so at least she can watch her back. I need all of the kids well and safe for the time being. Charles and I bought ourselves a bit more time by not saying anything about the Black Hood. We really need to take Penelope down first."

"And when that happens, Hal will be trembling. He'll be on the move if he can't seek refuge elsewhere, which he has no where to go."

"Exactly. I'm hoping for that. Charles and I talked about things today and he said the same thing. When we take down Blossom, he's going to have somebody at every corner of the house. We have to have an array of elaborate plans because where else would he be?" he suggested.

"This is all so sickening," she then assured.

"I know..." he agreed. "It is. But there isn't anything we can do until something happens. Besides searching her house, that's the only access we have and hopefully we find him while there."

"I hope you do too, I can't stomach the thought of him being on the loose again. I'm worried for all of our sakes..." she stepped forward only to place her hand on the baby, admiring her. "Anyways, how long is it going to take to get a warrant?" She then scooped the baby up and she kissed her head before settling her in her bassinet.

"I already have it."

"What?" she spun around quickly.

"I've had it since Hal first attacked Betty at the prom. We were all talking about how she was a person of interest... All that's left to do is knock on her door and search the place."

"Well, when is that going to be happening?" she then wondered.

"Soon."

"Can I be there?" she then wondered.

"I don't know, Al, it's dangerous and--"

"I mean as far as reporting this goes," she got close again, placing her hands on the sides of his arms. "We can have it all on tape and then if we're lucky, we run into Hal. It'll be discreet... I can even go with you to just take notes. Later we can investigate further, of course."