Chapter 31. Risks

On the day that Alice was discharged from the hospital, she was learning to get her legs in motion only because the doctors nor FP would let her get up unless she had to use the restroom. She had to practically fight for the shower she wanted the day after the incident.

Guiding Alice into their home, FP was holding her overnight bag and her purse, not letting her carry anything as she marched through the foyer.

"Alice, slow down," he chirped.

"FP, I'm fine," she claimed.

"But the doctor said you need to rest and take it easy."

"And I will," she assured. "I still have to get up the stairs. I need to eat something..."

"I'll make you a snack, what do you want?"

"Apples, pretzals, cheese and penut butter."

"Quite a list, did you have that planned already?"

"I have been thinking about food since we left the hospital," she smirked.

"Why didn't you tell me? We could have stopped somewhere," as he placed her things on the couch.

"Yeah, but I shouldn't eat too many fattening things. I have to save the savory stuff for when I am really craving. But what you can get me is a vanilla shake from Pop's," she melted into him.

"Okay, but you have to rest. You have to get out of these clothes, put something comfy on and get into bed."

"Boy, you are bossy, aren't you, Sheriff?" she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Believe it," he assured. "You're carrying precious cargo... Plus you're already not as well as you could be. I don't want you to stress or cause anymore damage."

"I appreciate your concern, but I gotta live a little bit," she swiped his cheek. "Besides, are you gonna really turn me down in the bedroom?"

"Doctor said," he shrugged. "Could be bad if we're too... rough."

"Oh, but it's the best thing. At least on my end," she smirked.

"Yeah, but not internally."

"Are you gonna be this anal through the whole pregnancy? I got six more months to go, Jones, and I don't know if I can put up with you. I don't put up with my own children giving me lip, what makes you think I'm gonna listen to you?"

"You're gonna listen to me because as you once said," he let his fingertips stroke her spine up and down quite gracefully, "You're silly putty around me."

She became breathless at his short but pleasurable move. Growling, "Remind me to yell at Betty about that; that was girl talk and for her ears only," she rolled her eyes.

"Guess you're not as tough as nails as you thought," he winked as he slowly backed away from her.

"If you're leaving, I'm gonna make my snack and then head to the room. Also, I wanna be presentable when I tell Jughead and JB."

"Fine, but move slow," he pointed at her sternly.

"Move slow," she repeated to herself with an eye roll only because she didn't know how that would help.

As she prepared her snacks of choice, she took her time and barely moved as she was slicing her apples; that being the most time consuming part. Once she had a small order on her cutting board, she moved to the dining table and took a seat and she ate in peace as she enjoyed the silence.

While in the hospital, the sounds of the machines were driving her crazy during her stay, especially by the third day.

There was a knock on her front door.