Chapter 25. Details to Follow

Jughead and Betty were roaming through the hallways of their school, just getting to her locker.

"I'm worried, Jug. My mom said she quit the Farm, but after what I seen and how close she is with Edgar... What if something bad happens? What if she joins again and she just becomes... crazier than she is?" she sighed oit of frustration.

"Betts, calm down... Look, we'll just keep an eye on her and you already told my dad to keep her close."

"I did..." she nodded.

"Just hope that she'll be fine with my dad at her side. They are pretty happy and I have never seen my dad so happy before."

"I've never seen my mom so happy before," she repeated. "I've never seen her light up for one person before."

"Let's just try and keep her distracted. Next time you guys head out, why don't you get a hold of her phone and block Edgar?"

"That's not a bad idea... Wouldn't she figure it out, though? She talks about me being glued to my phone, but she's just the same."

He smirked. "Anyway, here's how you settle this. If she is still linked to him in a weird way, she'll noticed right away that he hasn't messaged her and she'll realize it. If she isn't in deep again, she'll take his silence as nothing."

"Oh, yeah... She admitted to me that she is texting him. Apparently she is really upset about Charles and he is helping her cope with that."

"In person or through text?"

"I'm guessing just through text messages and phone calls. They talk on the phone too, I seen her call log."

"Hm..."

"Yeah, this is getting stressful again and I'm worried. I also had to keep the fact that I knew anything about Charles from her to begin with. I wanted so bad to tell her, but I kept what your dad said in mind so I kept my mouth shut and played the part. With your dad in mind, he could get into trouble just for us moving back in with her. I was staying with you to stay safe and now she's being secretive about the Farm. This could put us all in hot water."

"Try and take it easy. Don't stress, there's no reason to yet," he assured.

"Yet?" she pouted.

"Ahem!"

The teens turned their heads.

Betty let off an eye roll when her eyes landed on the female. "Evelyn, can we help you with something?" she asked, clutching her books close.

"Do you have anything better to do than lurk the halls?" Jughead added.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that," she assured and smiled. "No, I'm just here to tell you that your mother is not apart of the Farm. My father--"

"Your husband," Betty corrected calmly.

Smiling in an annoyed fashion, "My father has had no luck getting her back with us. We miss her, Betty, she was a great member and people adored her."

"Yeah, I'm sure she was able to dig some really good stories up for you to supply on. I'm assuming that's what she was doing when she told you her deepest, darkest secrets..."

"Look, Betty, I'm not trying to upset you. But I'm just saying she isn't budging. You've done a really good job at taking away what was good for her. Her friends and--"

"How is getting her daughter taken away good for her, psycho?" Jughead asked.

"Jug, she is not worth our time. She's as crazy as her husband," Betty added. "But if you know so much, is she still in contact with Edgar?"