Chapter 42. Records

"Charles didn't want me getting involved, but I know this will work. Imagine I just call Edgar on the phone?" Betty expressed to FP.

"I could imagine, but imagination isn't going to get us anywhere, kiddo. We need to have a plan."

"And I do. I'm gonna call him, yank him by the tail a little and then just allow him to talk to me. He's kind of a lunatic, if you haven't learned---I'm sure he'll have a list of things he'll want. When I used to talk to my dad, before I found out he was the Black Hood, he had orders. I did them."

"And that was dangerous because you could've gotten hurt."

"But I didn't. If I did it now, I'll have not only you, but the FBI there to protect me, somewhere nearby if not on me."

"I don't know, Betty, if something happens, your mom would kill me."

"She doesn't have to know."

"Yeah, but if something were to happen to you, I'd have to explain to her why and what happened. Then she'd only get angry that I didn't tell her."

"FP, my mom does not need the stress. You and I both know this... If she were to know that I was doing this, she'd have a heart attack that both of her kids are gone. Jug didn't like this idea either and you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because, it'll work. I'm the only one who can push him just enough," she claimed. "I know I can. I'm gonna go down to the station Charles was working at and I'm going to call Edgar so they can track him."

He didn't necessarily agree to her idea, but he didn't want to put his foot down and stop her because he knew it would work. "Just so you know, I don't condone this at all and I never said yes."

"Agreed," she nodded and then got up in order to get down to the other station. "Just my regular shenanigans then," she shrugged it off as she opened the door to leave.

Once she did, he leaned forward and rubbed his eyes. "Alice is going to kill me, isn't she?" he sighed.

Soon enough, his cell phone started ringing and it was Alice.

"Hello?"

"Guess what?" she said happily.

"What?"

"Forsythe, you suck at this game," she laughed. "I got the camera man from RIVW... And we're gonna create a report for you."

"For what?"

"FP, you know what with the Lodges."

"Oh, I forgot about that."

"Well, I didn't."

"How's that gonna work? You can't go to the studio."

"He's going to come to the house and green screen. We'll do it via video chat so, there'll be somebody over soon in order to interview you and set things up."

"Okay, sounds good."

"Are you okay, honey? You seem really stressed."

"I am. I'm sorry..."

"I am too, but you have to be upbeat and positive on camera, okay?"

"Yeah. I will. Call me when were ready," he asked. "And be careful going down the stairs," he urged.

"Okay, bye, sweetheart."

He set his phone face down and he sighed; the only thing coursing his mind was Betty's new idea about getting Charles back.