Chapter 37. Prom

It was the evening of the prom, Betty and Jughead had swayed Cheryl into doing the theme of their choosing which was Renaissance for the sake of some of the Gryphons and Gargoyles players.

Everybody had separate agendas; catching Edgar was Charles', finding the Gargoyle King was Betty and Jughead's, while taking care of Alice and being of emotional support to the family was FP's as he was mostly occupied as being sheriff anyway.

"Alright, kids, let me go help your mom down. She wanted to get ready so that she could take photos with you," FP kind of laughed as he set his phone down. He the turned around so he could jog up the stairs.

"You do look quite beautiful, Gryphon Queen," Jughead said sweetly.

"And you, Hellcaster, look quite handsome," she grinned as she leaned into kiss him.

"Hey, cut it out," Jellybean said annoyed.

"Why don't you?" Jughead furrowed his brows.

"We don't need anymore kids runnin' around here," she commented.

"We were just kissing," Betty assured.

"And that is enough," she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"What's with the attitude?" her brother asked.

She spun around and left.

Betty and Jughead exchanged glances only because they had been dealing with her for the while, just so Alice wouldn't.

Just then, FP was guiding Alice down the small stoop at the end of the stairs, practically lifting her over them so she wouldn't slip.

"Hi, mom," Betty immediately went over to hug her only because it had been awhile since she could hug her correctly.

"Hi, sweetheart," she swiped her hair, "You look so beautiful, honey," her tears starting up.

"So do you," she grinned, not having seen her mother in real clothes for awhile either.

While Betty was dressed like a Renaissance princess, Alice was wearing a pair of regular maternity jeans in which went over her belly comfortably and she had a black, peasant blouse to add to the casualty. And while she was dressed up with her hair done and makeup done, she only wore fuzzy socks on her feet.

FP could only chuckle and just rub Alice's shoulder as a form of comfort.

"Mom, don't cry," Betty laughed as she wiped her tears. "Looks like you put some makeup on for the pictures, don't ruin it," she advised.

"I won't, I won't."

"Also, this is a really cute top," she pointed out, tugging on the hem of the flowy blouse that had an empire style to it.

"Thank you I picked it up pre-bedrest," she laughed. "I needed some new blouses this time around... I wore all of the same stuff when I was pregnant with you and Polly, but then I got rid of a lot of it because I didn't think this would be happening again," she smirked, arching her brows at FP.

"Wasn't completely my fault," as he prepared the camera, saying so nearly monotone. "Takes two, babe."

"Wow, can we not talk about this?" Jughead asked.

FP laughed once more as Betty giggled.

"Hey, JB?!" he yelled for his daughter

"What?" she slid in from the kitchen.

"Lose the attitude. Can you take our picture real quick?" he asked.

She agreed and stepped forward to take his phone. "Everybody say, Serpents," Jellybean actually joked.