Chapter 20. Memories

Later that evening, it was just Jellybean and Alice, in the garage and digging for boxes in order to go through them.

"So, when you were in the Serpents, what was it like? Was it different?" the preteen asked of the woman.

"Well, maybe so... When I was around last year for your dad's retirement party, it seemed about the same. The girls were more modest, but the same nonetheless. It's about the only thing that never changes." She climbed down her small ladder and she finally joined the girl. "I haven't been in here in years, I'm nervous," she chuckled of the few boxes.

"I'm excited," the girl beamed.

The woman laughed just a little and she started opening the flaps; first thing to be met by was her graduation picture. "Not so bad to start," she spun it around so she could see.

"Wow, you look so pretty!" she exclaimed, leaning her head in closer to see her outfit since the blue robe was open. "I love the boots!"

"Oh, yeah, Harley Davidson owned half my closet," she added with a smirk.

"Who's that?" she pointed out to a person in the photo since it was a small group.

"Uh, that's Fred Andrews," she glided her finger across the photo. "Hal Cooper, me... Your dad, Hermione Lodge and Mary Andrews."

"Were you all friends back then?" she asked.

"Yeah, sort of. We were mostly mutuals, I was dating Hal, your dad was dating your mom, but your dad has always been good friends with Fred and it just brought our groups together. At least for that day. It was quite a time," she smiled at the picture, easily recalling some of the moments like she was there again. "Alright, next..." she pulled some plastic out of the boxes, each containing her old clothing. "Oh, nice. These things held up, I pretty much wore all of my clothing out," she laughed. "I didn't have a lot of money, so I revamped a lot of things so that I could keep wearing them, but I didn't sew anything on because I never wanted it permanent," she pulled a black rose off. "See?"

"That's so cool!" she took the dark wash denim jacket held it up. "I love the designs on it."

"Ah, those I painted on. It was very boring so I got some paint and did that on my own."

"You were so creative, I wish I could do stuff like that."

"You can. It just takes practice. I'll tell you what, we can go to the thrift store or just buy some plain things elsewhere and we'll pick up some things from the craft store. We can make you something very original. Patches, paint, you name it."

"That'd be so cool! I don't have a Serpent jacket yet, so maybe we can make a fancy one. My own kind of Serpent."

"Yeah, that'd be pretty cool," she then dug through and she pulled many more pieces of clothing out and out flew a photo.

"Hey, is this one of those photos you were talking about?" Jellybean picked it up and showed it.

"Oh, my goodness," she snatched it and clutched it to her chest. "Um, sort of... Well, yeah, it is."

"Who's the guy?" since she couldn't make out the face.

"It doesn't matter," she assured.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?" FP climbed through her window and settled instantly.

"I'm getting ready to take some photos," she dusted some blush on her cheeks.

"Photos? For what?"

"For money," she rolled her eyes.

"Whoa, so now you're teasin'?" he asked.

"Forsythe, I would never exploit my own body. This guy is using me for his photography class, he says I have a nice jawline and pretty cat eyes."