HB! [7]

T H I R D  P E R S O N

"Good evening Mr. Im" Jeongyeon greeted the old man as she entered their home.

"Stop being formal to me kid, come in" he replied. They both proceeded to the dining room. 

"Sit there first. You're just in time. Food's already ready. Let's just wait for Nayeon." he said before settling himself in a chair.

Minutes passed and a lady wearing a loose shirt and just short shorts marched towards them.

"Nayeon, didn't I tell you to wear something more appropriate." Mr. Im scolded her daughter as she sat down lazily on the chair.

"I'm comfortable here dad, let's just eat. I'm too tired to deal with all of your shits" she stated while weakly poking the steak in front of her.

"You go upstairs and change now!" Mr. Im exclaimed.

"Mr. Im, no worries, I'm okay with it, nothing serious. Let's just eat." Jeongyeon interrupted the argument.

"It doesn't look good when we're wearing formal clothes while she's wearing that" Mr. Im said.

Jeongyeon chuckled. "It's perfectly okay Mr. Im, we're not in some kind of restaurant, we're in your house so it's okay to wear comfy clothes. Besides, no lie that she looks so attractive and sexy in that fit." Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon on the other side choked on the food she was eating. She looked at Jeongyeon with a disgusted face, yet the lady only responded with a smirk like she knew what she was doing, before bringing the food in her mouth.

Mr. Im didn't argue anymore and just let her daughter be.

"How's work kid?" he asked, diverting his attention from Nayeon to Jeongyeon.

"It's all well, the team is working hard on the last project for this year" she answered almost monotonously.

"sounds like you're enjoying it" Nayeon scoffed before she spoke sarcastically

"Kind of. Knowing that I will get married to the CEO's pretty daughter makes me wanna do better at work for a lot more good blessings." Jeongyeon rebutted with so much sarcasm in her voice, coated by its sweet tone.

"Jerk." she whispered but Jeongyeon heard it.

"Okay, so about the wedding, it will be next week and I hope you both know what to do during and after that." Mr. Im said.

Nayeon just shook her head. She was too exhausted already to disagree anymore. She realized she was just wasting her energy talking to a sturdy wall.

"Did you already tell your parents about this?" Mr. Im asked Jeongyeon again.

"Yeah, they agreed more quickly than I expected" Jeongyeon answered.

"Good to know. Better to have their presence at the wedding to make it even realer" Mr. Im said which Jeongyeon replied with a nod

"My staff already organized everything from the wedding to the place where you're going to stay together–"

"Excuse me? Did I hear it right? I'm not living with her dad!" Nayeon interrupted.