HB! [9]

J E O N G Y E O N

My mouth went agape as I entered the venue for the first time. It was fully packed by guests and some of them were major business partners of Dr. Bunny. I suddenly felt an imaginary lump stuck in my throat. Dr. Bunny really had his plan well-organised.

I thought I was already prepared for this day until today. Now, I feel more nervous than ever. Sweat was trickling down my body though the venue was surrounded with air conditioners and huge fans. 

Even with my anxiety rising, I proceeded and sat on my respective seat, waiting for Dr. Bunny to officially start the program. We were just waiting for some important guests to arrive so we could start already.

I saw Nayeon sitting on the other side of the room with her Japanese friend, Sana. How did I know? We bumped into each other in the lobby and she introduced herself to me. She was so bubbly that I kind of wondered how she could get along with that brat.

Fiddling my fingers as I waited, Momo showed up and sat on my side. I stared at her in awe. She was pretty gorgeous tonight wearing a black dress that emphasized her perfect shape. Not gonna lie, it made me drool a little.

"Ms. Yoo, what do you think is the reason why Mr. Im threw this kind of party? This is too gallant for it to be called a simple company's gathering." she asked me, innocently pondering about her own questions. I just let out a chuckle and was about to reply something but I saw Mr. Im climbing on the stage already. I straightened myself and prepared for what to come next.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!" He greeted us enthusiastically like how he would always greet us whenever he had good news for us. 

"You might be wondering why I suddenly arranged a gathering out of nowhere… I will be answering that in the next few minutes but first I would like to congratulate all of you here for your hard work this year and for all the goals we achieved." He said like a professional he is. We cheered and applauded each and everyone in the venue.

"You all did a great job keeping our company well-maintained with high standards of productivity so treat this night as a little token of gratitude from me." another set of cheering burst from the crowd. 

"Now, together with all of you, allow me to announce a special moment that is about to happen nearly soon. It's beyond my dreams hearing and telling you all of this but I am here in front of you to proudly publicize that my daughter, Im Nayeon, decided that she is ready to take another milestone of her life…" 

My heartbeat raced abnormally, blood rushing all over my body. I knew after this night, everything would change. I gulped trying to damp my already dry mouth.

"My one and only child, Nayeon, my dearest kid I treasured the most. My princess... My princess who will soon be someone's queen" as he said that, his voice cracked. By his level of acting, he should be getting a Best Actor Award after this. Gossips erupted everywhere. Some started clapping and cheered again.

"To be very clear, I'm here to tell you all that my daughter Im Nayeon will be getting married next week." He said.I heard mixed reactions from the crowd. Some gasps, some cheers and some applauds.

"But to whom?" someone shouted. It was Jackson, Mr. Im's funny secretary.

"You obviously don't look excited?" he asked, which earned a laugh from the audience.

"So all of you might be wondering to whom my daughter will be tied to, let me give you clues" he looked at me and I just nodded.

"This person is one of the top executive of Interconnection Department. My helping hand since I started this whole company. For me, this person is a strong and matured one. Maybe some of you already have a guess and if it's Wang Jackson you're wrong!" everyone laughed 

"Just tell it already!" Jackson yelled again.

"Since Jackson can't wait anymore, may I call the lovely couple up here." That was Dr. Bunny's cue for us. Now, it was our turn to act.

He gestured to us to come up to the stage. Nayeon stood up and started walking towards the stage. She looked at me and she was smiling but I knew her eyes were telling me why the fuck am I still sitting.

To be honest I was very nervous that I couldn't move. I kind of played the thought of backing out and just leaving the venue. I turned to Dr. Bunny's direction and he was smiling at me and nodding, trying to coax me. I let out a deep sigh, fixed my tie before standing up, walking towards Nayeon so we could come up to the stage together. I enveloped my arms around her hips as we walked to the center of the platform.

"Hi!" I greeted meekly, making everyone burst into laughter.

"I know some of you are wondering that this announcement is so sudden since we never planned to make our relationship public… that was then but I realized that it's the right time to take our relationship into a new level. I decided that I want her to be a part of my life forever, to have my own family with her..." I looked at her and pulled her closer to me. She had been smiling widely because that was what she was told to do.

"Is Ms. Nayeon shy shy shy?" Sana asked and Nayeon let out a small laugh. As I tried to remember the speech I've been memorizing for this day, I prepared myself to talk again.

"Last year was a tough year for me but she helped me a lot and… became my happy pill..." I choked on my own saliva from saying it.

"uhm... I guess the couple is shy.." Mr. Im saving us from the coming awkwardness. Thankfully, everyone took it and laughed again.

"Do you have something to say, Nayeon?" He asked. Nayeon, on the other side, panicked because she didn't know what to say.

"Uh…" she looked up at me with her doe eyes.  

"I love you" she uttered before hiding her face on my chest.

Wow. 

"I love you too" I said and with that everyone clapped and cheered for us once again.

"Let's congratulate them everyone!!" Mr. Im exclaimed and before we knew the party started already.

_____________

Short update coz I can't think straight.