• Jack A •

It had been gorgeous weather in England which Jack and I made the most of; lunch dates followed by ice cream, a road trip to a quiet beach where we strolled amongst the sand, walks in the woods in the late evening; the sun guiding us through the tall tress and dirt paths. However, on late Thursday evening as the clouds rolled in and the wind began to sing; Jack looked amused in our living room at the prospect of a storm. He would get what he wanted as the winds singing turned to screaming and the clouds were no longer rolling but throwing themselves in the sky with ferocious clangs and fierce flashes of lightning as I lay wide awake by Jack's side in the early hours.

"Go to sleep." He muttered, his voice thick with sleep.

"Very caring of you Jack." I scoff, he chuckles and pulls me tightly into his body, enveloping me in between his body and the sheets.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, go to sleep...my love." He smirks and presses a light kiss to my forehead before slowly descending into slumber once more. I rest my head against his chest and close my eyes, gladly accepting the deep sleep that followed.

It was the rain hitting against the window in the morning that awoke me from my peace filled night of sleep and when I turned to face Jack I discovered he was already out of bed, probably on a run or at training. I shuffled downstairs to be met with Jack seated on the kitchen island in sweats and a Renault hoodie with the distinct smell of pancakes wafting from a pan.

"I thought you would be gone by now?" I asked, making my way over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist as he chuckled,

"Nope, today is special though... very special." He smirked against my hair, I looked up in confusion,

"Why?"

"Well it's a pyjama day of course!"

He exclaimed, hopping off the counter and cupping my chin to bring it close to his, pressing our lips together in a deep kiss. Even after a hundred times he still makes my stomach flip when he does sweet things like this.

"So the living room is all set up and we can binge watch some TV?" He questioned as he excitedly flipped the pancake which landed back in the pan much to his satisfaction.

A wide smile was brought to my face at the knowledge he had created a special little day for us in the house. I nodded, walking into the living room with a small gasp at the sight of it;

Pillows and cushions lined the sofa with large, grey, fluffy blankets thrown over to. My favourite hoodie of his lay in the arm chair which I put on in glee. The table was filled with snacks and drinks and the waiting screen of our favourite show was presented on screen. The room had a sweet vanilla scent, now mixed with that of the huge plate of pancakes Jack bought in and played on the sofa.

"Well, is it alright?" He questioned, scratching the nape of his neck nervously,

"It's perfect." I confirm with a smile as he sits down opposite me, the pancakes between us.

"It's so cold out so I thought we could have a date inside." He grinned, taking a mouth-full of pancake,

"Thank you Jack, I mean it, this is so thoughtful and cute."

"Did you just call me cute?" He mocked fluttering his eyelashes, as I lightly swatted his arm,

"You know what I meant you idiot." I giggled,

"You're idiot." He mused cheesily,

"Yeah, I guess you are." I agreed before taking my first bite out of the stack of pancakes that lay before me, getting prepared to enjoy the pyjama day with Jack.