• Alex A •

ZoeDoesF1

I practically had to drag myself around the garage and pit lane of the Singapore circuit due to the sweltering heat. Alex was nowhere to be seen but his new boss; Christian Horner, took great delight in my zombie, heat induced state.

"You get used to it don't worry y/n"
Christian chuckled as I downed a full bottle of water as he mused at my appearance,

"Have you seen Alex?" I questioned, praying he was somewhere with air-con so I could escape the sweltering heat of the Singapore nighttime; and with only two hours till the race I was hoping he would be appearing soon. Christian pointed to the direction of Alex's drivers room which I happily led myself to and knocked lightly on.

"I'm just warming up; I'll be out soon." Alex's usual polite and softly spoken self called,

"It's me."
I replied, the door swung open and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the small room.

"Erm hello?"

I chuckled at his hasty action; looking around I didn't see any of his usual warm up gear and raised a confused eyebrow at him as he sank onto the couch.

"I lied I'm not warming up I'm so nervous y/n... it's my first real time to show myself to them... new circuit and it's a street race... at night! How am I supposed to do this?" He exclaimed, running his heart through his hands, clutching at his black roots in anxiety.

I swiftly made my way infront of him, crouching so I was slightly below him. I took his hands into mine, removing them from his fluffy hair and caught his eyes with mine.

"Alex... you can do this; you had a great qualifying I mean P4! That's brilliant, and you will go onto that track tonight and be the best driver you can be... whatever you do I'll be proud of you... I love you."

I tell him earnestly, praying my words will sink in; causing an indent on this panicked state he has worked himself up into to. He grins and nods, letting out a nervous laugh as he stands up; pulling me up with him and close to his chest; pressing a kiss on the top of my head before leading me out silently into the garage.
After some words by Christian and the engineers and a complimentary hand shake from Max he climbed into the car. I made my way to the front of his car where I could see him in conversation with those around him though his helmet.

"Right Alex, lets go!" Christian shouted, the engineers pulling the car up in preparation to wheel it onto his grid position.

He locked eyes with me one last time and nodded, to which I smiled and nodded back before he snapped the visor down and was gone. I took my place at the back of the garage with the headset on and took the best seat; right in front of the large viewing screens RedBull had hung in the garage. My heart began to pound the second those lights went off and the cars roared into action.

•••

He had a clean first corner; no bad mistakes yet no push forward either... but he was okay and that was all I ever worried about during the race. It had come up to the 7th lap; there had been so much action in the midfield but the starting grid at the top remained the same: Lewis, Charles, Max then my boyfriend... Alex. Charles and Lewis were ferociously battling and were swerving all the way in front of Alex and Max, causing them quite a few times to slow down or break hastily to avoid hitting the rear end of the two duelling cars in front of them.

"Surely they can't keep doing it! It's a danger to the boys!"
I practically squealed, not to anybody in particular but felt a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder from one of the guests in the garage.

"Sorry for that it's just, infuriating, sometimes."
I smiled softly at the guest, he had been invited by RedBull; that's all I knew.

He laughed and in quite smooth English replied,
"It must be hard, hoping he is safe but doing well."

I nodded; not wanting to share my nervous details with this stranger: sending one last smile before turning back to the screen.

"Okay Alex, box box, we're going with plan B instead."

I heard Christians voice come over the speakers as the team began to rush out. Nobody else in the top 7 had pitted and it was lap 23... what was Christian doing? And plan B? Alex has told me there was plans but I just thought he raced and hopefully won!I stood on my tiptoes as his car pulled into the pit stop; revving the engine as the new tires were placed on and before I knew it he was flying out the pits and was soon back on the TV screen.

It was the last 5 laps of the race now and the order had switched so it now followed as: Charles, Lewis and Alex; he was going to be on the podium!

My heart stopped as all of a sudden he started lunging the car forward; clearly in the hopes of taking the inside line against Charles.

"Alex, we're happy with P3 mate; no need to burn that car our: keep track position please."
Christians voice rolled over the garage (the radio sets being played in the garage so the crew knew what was taking place.)

Wether Alex was ignoring him and playing his own game or simply did not hear the message I don't know but he sniped forward, the car easily rolling beside the number 16 Ferrari in a corner, Charles went to take the racing line which caused Alex to swerve a small bit but , from nowhere once again, pounced along the tarmac and this time...

He got it! He manoeuvred quickly and settled into his new place yet did not seem to want to stop his agenda of hunting down the last car as he dramatically picked up the pace.

"I'm going to go for it guys."
He muttered, a wave of butterflies flew within me hearing his voice throughout the garage. His engineers began to shake their head, distraught at the fact he could blow his tires all for the hopes of one more place.

Hamilton was now in his sights, Alex was gaining speed dramatically: his hard compound tyres compared to Hamilton's softs were giving him much more grip.
In true Alexander Albon style he took a risky yet brave move around the outside of the silver car and managed to pull his car in-front, I cheered, clapping my hands in glee and smiling as his name now moved up to first on the leaderboard and as the cars made their final lap it was practically confirmed: Alex Albon won the Singapore GP.

•••

Me and his crew hurriedly made our way to the podium where the cars would be pulling up and, soon enough, they did.
The navy blue Red Bull livery was right in-front of my eyes as Alex hopped out, snapping up his visor ; stared directly at me, somehow finding me in this flood of people. He lifted his helmet off and jogged his way over.

I giggled at his appearance, eyes whinging brightly under the lights, skin glowing with every firework that was met off above us and his black hair stuck to his forehead, aside from the few wild pieces that always seemed to stick out.
He held me tightly to his chest as much as he could against the barrier, forming a wall between me and the hundreds of people behind. He whispered in my ear;

"I won."

I smiled and nodded, tears forming slightly in my eyes. He laughed and grabbed both gloved hands under my face, pushing my lips up to his and creating a deep, loving kiss as the lights around us began to shine and strobe more. I felt the lights of a million cameras on us but couldn't care. He pulled away and nodded at me before leaping into the arms of his RedBull team, ecstatic as they began to cheer and chant his name.

It was time for the podium celebrations and he gave me one last kiss as he raced up to the podium to get that 1st place trophy....