• Daniel R •

eniram_du

It was quite a difficulty in being both a journalist and a girlfriend to Daniel as we had to keep our relationship behind closed doors to not let anybody think I was being bias towards his team or him as a driver. Dan and I were also uncertain on how the paddock would react to how our relationship came to be: I had given a quick few questions to Dan one time on the way from the pit lane to the car park. Once we had finished the mini interview he invited for dinner and suddenly I was whisked away in sleek and shiny car for the best date of my entire life, I had thoroughly enjoyed it though some may call it unprofessional. Now, two years later I'm with the best person of my life, yet, it's all a huge secret.

Well, it was until this morning and Daniel accidentally uploaded a video of me eating my breakfast on his hotel room balcony. He insisted he was supposed to save it but accidentally clicked upload. I managed to calm him down and assured him it was alright, who cares if everybody knows we're together. It's not as if I can lose my job or anything...

We walked into the pit lane with our hands intertwined, people were definitely looking and I noticed a few cameras pointing our way.

"You okay love?" Daniel asked lowly, his eyes searched mine as his brown curls flopped slightly against his forehead. I nodded in reply but ground to a halt as my boss was walking toward us in a straight bee-line filled with anger.

"How could you do this!" He exclaimed, stopping right in front of me,

"Stooping so low for a story you'll sleep with a driver, pathetic!"

I went to protest but Dan quickly stood in-front of me and held my hands behind his back.

"She didn't sleep with me for a story because I absolutely fell in love with her the second I saw her and don't you ever call my girlfriend pathetic because I can have that pit lane pass removed off you straight away buddy."

Dans protective nature made me blush as I managed to step round him.

"I'm sorry sir but I quit, this guy is much better than any job!"

He scowled at me before hurrying off, not before throwing a rather nervous look at Dan.

"Well, you were very protective!" I exclaimed with a teasing tone,

"I wasn't having him talk to you like that." Dan declared, he brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear with a cheeky grin,

"Now that we don't have to hide anything, can I kiss you?" He asked, already leaning forward.

I nodded with a smile and allowed my self to melt into the kiss as Dans arms gripped my waist and my fingers lightly tumbled through his curls. I heard a whistle and we stopped to see a very excited Max Verstappen.

"Finally!" He cheered, making his way over,

"You knew?" Dan questioned, his eyes widening in slight shock.

"Of course I knew, you two could not stop looking at each other last year and I've been sneaking in that Renault garage and knew you two were still a thing, I've just been waiting for this to happen!" He cheered and smiled at both of us with glee,

"Thanks for never telling anybody Max." I said earnestly, genuinely thankful for the boy.

He shrugged and began to wander off,

"Have fun lovers!" He hollered before disappearing round the corner.

Daniel turned to me and laughed,

"Well, Max knew but know everybody knows and I'm not complying because that means I can do this when I want!"

Once again he pulled me in for a kiss and I sighed in content as his hands hung loosely around my back.

Max was right, finally! Finally me and Daniel could make our relationship public and not have to worry about what people thought, and as Dan said, the kissing was an added bonus!