XXXI. Zombie Zoo (Part II)

As soon as day broke, Dean and Holly pounded on Dr. Mason's door. Sam frowned. "Dean, Holly. Take it easy, okay?"

The door opened and Dr. Mason stood on the other side. "You're Angela's friends, right?"

Sam's voice took on a gentle tone. "Dr. Mason..."

"We need to talk." Dean said harshly.

"Come in."

"Thanks." Sam said.

"You teach Ancient Greek. Tell me, what are these?" Dean said, showing Dr. Mason the paper he'd copied the symbols onto.

"I don't understand." Dr. Mason replied. "You said this had something to do with Angela."

Holly crossed her arms. "It does. Humor us."

"They're part of an Ancient Greek divination ritual."

"Used for necromancy, correct?"

"That's right."

Dean narrowed his eyes. "See, before we came over here, we stopped by the library and did a little homework ourselves. Apparently they used rituals like this one for communicating with the dead. Even bringing corpses back to life. Full-on zombie action."

Dr. Mason nodded. "Yes. I mean, according to the legends. Now, what's all this about?"

Sam watched Dr. Mason's face and started doubting the situation. Dean and Holly continued pushing on.

"I think you know." Holly retorted.

"Dean. Holly." Sam said.

Holly ran an angry hand through her hair. "Look, we get it. Okay? There are people I know I'd give anything to see again. But--"

"But what gives you the right?" Dean asked angrily.

"Dean! Holly!"

"What are you two talking about?"

"What's dead should stay dead!" Dean cried.

"It should stay where it belongs!" Holly added angrily.

"Stop it!"

Dean narrowed his eyes. "What you brought back isn't even your daughter anymore. These things are vicious, they're violent, they're so nasty they rot the ground around them. I mean, come on. Haven't you seen Pet Cemetery?"

"You're insane." Dr. Mason stated. "The both of you."

"Where is she?" Holly asked icily.

"Get out of my house."

He started dialing a number on his phone and Dean knocked it from his hand.

Holly's glare deepened. "You're hiding her somewhere."

"Where is she?!" Dean yelled.

Sam had finally had enough of his siblings' antagonizing. "Dean! Holly! Stop, that's enough! Dean, Holly, look!" He grabbed their jackets and pointed to a row of plants by the window. "Beautiful, living plants." He turned to Dr. Mason. "We're leaving."

Dr. Mason narrowed his eyes. "I'm calling the police."

Dean got out of Sam's grasp, as did Holly, and they stormed for the door.

Sam glanced to Dr. Mason. "Sir, we're sorry. We won't bother you again."

They left the house and walked down the sidewalk.

"What the hell is the matter with you, Dean, Holly?"

"Back off." Dean retorted.

"The man is innocent! He didn't deserve that!"