LXXXI. (81) Sunday Bloody Sunday (Part I)

[The End]

Dean entered the hotel room and he and Holly were talking to Cas. "We're talking about the Colt, right?" Dean questioned. "I mean, as in the Colt?"

"We are."

Holly frowned. "Well that makes no sense. Why would the demons keep a gun around that kills, well, that kills demons?"

"What? What? Did--I didn't--I didn't get that."

Dean smiled. "You know, it's kind of funny. Talking to a messenger of God on a cellphone. It's, you know, like watching a Hell's Angel ride a moped."

"This isn't funny, Dean, Holly. The voice says I'm almost out of minutes."

"Okay, alright. I'm--I'm telling you, Cas, the mooks have melted down the gun by now."

"Well, I hear differently. And if it's true, and if you two are still set on the insane task of killing the devil, this is how we do it."

"Okay. Where do we start?" Holly asked.

"Where are you two now?"

"Kansas City."

Dean leaned across the bed, and across Holly, to grab the room key off the bedside table. "Century Hotel, room 113."

"I'll be there immediately."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, come on, man. I just drove like sixteen hours straight, Holly keeping me awake. We're human. And there's stuff we gotta do."

"What stuff?"

"Eat, for example. In this case, sleep. We just need like four hours once in a while, okay?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so, you can pop in tomorrow morning."

"Yes. I'll just--" Dean hung up and Cas heard the dial tone. "--wait here, then."

Dean fell asleep and his phone soon started vibrating. Holly was fast asleep, so he had to answer. "Damnit, Cas, I need to sleep!"

"Dean, it's me."

"Sam? It's quarter past four."

"This is important. Get Holly up if she's asleep."

Dean woke Holly and grabbed two beers from the fridge. "So you're his vessel, huh? Lucifer's wearing you to the prom?"

"That's what he said."

"Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in, huh, Sammy?"

"So, that's it? That's your response? Holly? What do you think?"

Holly sighed. "Sammy, what are you lookin' for?"

"I don't know. A--a little panic? Maybe?"

Dean frowned. "I guess we're a little numb to the earth-shattering revelations at this point."

"What are we gonna do about it?"

"What do you want to do about it?"

"I want back in, for starters."

"Sam--"

"I mean it. I am sick of being a puppet to these sons of bitches. I'm gonna hunt him down, Dean, Holly."

"Oh, so we're back to revenge, then, are we? Yeah, cause that worked out so well last time."

"Not revenge. Redemption."