XXXVIII. Hollywood Nights (Part I)

[Hollywood Babylon]

Sam, Dean, and Holly sat in a trolley as they toured the studio, passing movie and television sets.

The tour guide said, "First opened in 1927, the lot has been in continuous operation for eight decades."

Dean turned to a kid next to him who was eating ice cream. "Hey, you know this is where they filmed Creepshow?"

Holly grinned. ""That's Verrill luck. Always in. Always bad.""

The kid ignored them and Holly sighed. "No appreciation."

They listened to the tour guide. "Now, to the right, here is Stars Hollow. It's the setting for the television series, Gilmore Girls. And if we're lucky, we might even catch one of the show's stars."

Sam glanced at his siblings, with discomfort, and said, "Come on."

"Let's finish the tour!" Dean cried.

Sam hopped off the trolley. "Dean! Holly!"

Dean and Holly hopped off the trolley and the three of them walked around the lot. Holly pulled at Dean's shirt excitedly and he frowned before his eyes widened.

"Sammy, check it out! It's Matt Damon!"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not Matt Damon."

"No, it is." Holly said.

Sam frowned. "Well, Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping."

"Yeah, well, he's probably researching a role or something." Dean justified.

"How do you like them apples?" Holly asked with a smirk.

Sam rolled his eyes. "I don't think so." He noticed a sign. "Hey, this way. I think Stage 9 is over here."

Dean shook his head. "Come on, man, let's keep going this way."

"No, come on. We've gotta work." Holly and Dean sighed. "Dude, you two wanted to come to LA."

"Yeah, for a vacation. I mean, swimming pools and movie stars. Not to work."

"This seem like swimming pool weather to you, Dean? I mean, it's practically Canadian."

"Canadian?" Holly sputtered. "That the best you got?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah. We just figured that after everything that happened with Madison, you could use a little R-and-R. That's all."

Sam pursed his lips. "Well, maybe I wanna work, Dean, Holly. Maybe it keeps my mind off things."

Holly sighed. "Okay, fine. So, this crew guy--he died on set?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah. Rumors spread like wildfire online saying the set's haunted."

"Like Poltergeist?" Dean asked.

"It could be a poltergeist."

Holly shook her head. "No, no. He means, like, the movie Poltergeist."

Sam shrugged and Dean narrowed his eyes. "You know nothing of your cultural heritage, do you? It was rumored that the set of Poltergeist was cursed. They used real human bones as props. And, like, at least three of the actors died in it."

"Yeah, it might be something like that."

Dean nodded at Sam's words. "Alright, so this crew guy--what's his name?"

"Frank Jaffey."

"Frank Jaffey--he got a death certificate or a coroner's report or anything?"

"Well, no. But it's LA, you know? It might not even be his real name. But the girl who found him said she saw something--a vanishing figure."