XXXII. Evil Ways (Part I)

[Simon Said]

Dean banged on the bathroom door while Holly held onto the front door handle. Dean then opened the door and said, "Sam, come on, zip it up. Let's hit the...road. What?"

Dean drove the Impala down a dark road. The radio was playing some classic rock station. He glanced at Holly to see her fast asleep in the back seat.

"Rockin' Nebraska. Your source for all the classics, all night long."

Dean shook his head. "I don't know, man, why don't we just chill out, think about this."

Sam shut off the radio and asked, "What's there to think about?"

"I just don't know if going to the Roadhouse is the smartest idea."

"Dean, it's another premonition. I know it. This is gonna happen, and Ash can tell us where."

"Yeah, man, but..."

"Plus it could have some connection with the demon. My visions always do."

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there. I don't know if, if, if going in and announcing that you're some supernatural freak with a, a demonic connection is the best thing, okay?"

"So I'm a freak now?"

Dean grinned and slapped Sam's thigh. "You've always been a freak."

Holly woke up just as they reached the Roadhouse.

They entered and passed two men who were at a table cleaning their weapons. Dean nearly rammed into Jo, and she smiled at him. "Just can't stay away, huh?"

Dean chuckled. "Yeah, looks like. How you doin', Jo?"

In a hurried tone, Sam asked, "Where's Ash?"

"In his back room."

Sam brushed past her. "Great."

"And I'm fine..."

Holly smiled tiredly at her. "Sorry about him. We're on a bit of a timetable."

Dean and Holly made their way to Ash's room to find Sam knocking. Dean also began to knock. "Hey, Dr. Badass?"

The door was unlatched and opened a crack, revealing Ash. The instant Dean realized Ash was naked, he covered Holly's eyes and averted his own.

"Sam? Dean? Holly? Sam, Dean, and Holly."

Sam smiled awkwardly. "Hey Ash. Um. We need your help."

"Well, hell then. Guess I need my pants."

The siblings went back out to the main bar to wait for Ash. He soon appeared and sat at a table. He opened up his laptop. Sat sat across from him while Dean and Holly stood behind.

Ash looked at the laptop and said, "Well, I got a match. It's the logo from the Blue Ridge bus lines in Guthrie, Oklahoma."

"Okay." Sam said. Do me a favor--check Guthrie for any demonic signs, or omens, or anything like that."

"You think the demon's there?"

"Yeah, maybe."

"Why would you think that?"

"Just check it, alright?" Dean demanded.

Ash shot him a look, and Dean and Sam frowned at each other. "No, sir, nothing. No demon."

Sam thought for a moment. "Alright, try something else for me. Search Guthrie for a house fire. It would be in 1983, fire's origin would be a baby's nursery, night of the kid's six month birthday."