LXXIX. (79) Sympathy For the Devil (Part I)

Season Five

[Sympathy For the Devil]

"Come on!" Dean cried.

Sam let his siblings pull him from the sigil. They ran and the doors slammed shut. They started rattling the doors, trying to get out.

There was a high-pitched noise and Holly glanced back in panic. The boys were covering their ears. Her voice was panicky as she said, "Guys, he's coming!"

Next thing they knew, they were on a plane. Holly snuck a peek out the window and instantly felt a wave of panic. She gripped onto Dean's arm tightly. The boys looked around, astonished looks on their faces. No passenger noticed anything.

"What the hell?" Dean asked, comforting his sister.

Sam frowned. "I don't know."

The pilot said over the intercom, "Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore--"

Holly glanced between her brothers. "Ilchester? Weren't we just there?"

"So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to--Holy crap!"

The plane was knocked off kilter, and people were thrown around the plane. Oxygen masks dropped down and since Holly was still panicked, Dean, after putting on his oxygen mask, put on hers. They heard the high-pitched noise again and Dean looked out the window, terriified, Holly still gripping his arm.

Once they got off the plane, they grabbed an abandoned car and Dean turned on the radio. "--saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown."

"Change the station." Dean said.

Sam changed the station.

"-Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area-"

"-announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear-"

"-a series of tremors-"

"-swine flu-"

The radio was shut off and Sam sighed. "Dean, Holly, look--"

Dean cut him off. "Don't say anything." He paused. "It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, alright?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, okay."

"Alright, well, first things first--How did we end up on Soul Plane?"

"Angels, maybe? I mean, you know, beaming us out of harm's way?"

Holly shrugged. "That don't matter. Right now, it's the least of our worries. We gotta find Cas."

They made their way to Chuck's and heard a noise as they walked through. They heard a noise and turned to see nothing. They kept looking around.

Chuck jumped up and hit Sam on the head with a toilet plunger. Sam stumbled back as he held a hand to his head. "Geez! Ow!"

Holly grabbed the plunger and threw it to the ground.

"Sam." Chuck noted. "Holly."

"Yeah!" Sam cried. "Thanks, H & M."

"Hey, Chuck." Dean said.

"So...you're okay?" Chuck asked nervously.

Sam frowned. "Well, my head hurts."

"No, I mean--I mean, my--My last vision. You went, like, full-on Vader. Your heart rate was two hundred. Your eyes went black."