LXIV. I Can't Drive 55 (Part II)

They walked into the room after getting a first floor room. They saw a broken clock on the first floor and Dean sitting on the sofa drinking beer.

Holly smirked. "What, clock ticking pissed you off?

"Everything alright?" Sam asked, frowning at Holly.

"Oh, yeah. Just peachy. Find anything?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah, Jessie O'Brien's body was cremated, so I'm pretty sure she is not our ghost." Sam replied as Dean scratched his arm. "Hey, quit picking at that. How are you feeling?"

"Awesome. It's nice to have my head on the chopping block again. I almost forgot what that feels like."

"Yeah."

"It's freaking delightful."

"We'll keep looking." Dean started coughing. "You okay? Hey!" Holly pat his back, trying to get him to breathe. "Dean." Sam said as Dean began choking and Holly's patting became harder she stopped when he spit out a wood chip.

Her eyes widened. "Hang on. We've been completely brushing over the biggest clue we've got. You."

Dean pouted. "I don't want to be a clue."

Holly lifted up her brother's arm. "The abrasions, this, the disease. It's all trying to tell us something."

He turned to her. "Tell us what, wood chips?"

"Exactly."

They made their way to the Lumber Mill and Dean looked at it with a frown. "I'm not going in there."

Sam glanced at him. "Holly and I need backup, and you're all we've got. You're going in, Dean."

Dean took a drink of whiskey. "Let's do this. It is a little spooky, isn't it?"

Holly sighed. "Liquid courage. Alright. Here. Take this." She handed him a gun.

His eyes widened. "Oh, I'm not carrying that. It could go off. I'll man the flashlight."

She rolled her eyes. "You do that, hotshot. Or, wimpshot in this case."

As soon as they entered the mill, the EMF meter started going off.

Dean looked down at it. "EMF's not gonna work with me around, is it?"

"You don't say." Sam answered sarcastically. "Come on." Something caught his eye. "Wait..." He startled Dean. ""To Frank. Love, Jessie." Frank O'Brien's ring."

"What the hell was Frank doing here?"

"No idea."

They walked into a room full of lockers and heard rustling. Sam put a hand on the locker with the rustling and whispered a count of three before opening the locker. A cat jumped out and Dean let out a high-pitched scream.

"That was scary!" Dean exclaimed. Sam walked off and Holly giggled. "Wait."

Sam picked up an ID card. "Luther Garland."

Dean noticed a drawing on the table. "Hey, this is uh...this is Frank's wife."

Holly raised an eyebrow. "Plot thickens."

Dean nodded slowly. "Yeah, but turn into what?" He tore off the drawing and the machines turned on. He turned around to see something in the corner. Sam and Holly looked at their brother before turning around to see the same thing.

"Hey!" Sam cried turning to see Dean running from the mill.

Sam shot the apparition and they ran after Dean who had taken refuge behind the Impala with his liquid courage.