CV. (105) Mother

[Mommy Dearest]

Sam, Holly, and Bobby walked in to see Nate and Dean making shotgun shells between them. They'd made five between the two of them.

"Hey. How you doing?" Sam asked.

Dean looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Five shells. That's how we're doing."

"Six." Nate said, holding one up.

Sam sighed. "Well, you know, it's a hell of a lot more than what we had last week."

"Maybe." Dean replied.

"Meaning?" Bobby wondered.

"Meaning I just had myself a little mishap a few minutes ago, and, uh, well, here, look." He rubbed the ashes on his arm and nothing happened.

"Whoa." Sam noted.

"Huh." Bobby added.

Dean frowned. "I mean, this stuff is supposed to burn the bejeezus out of Eve, doesn't even give me or Nate a sunburn."

Holly shrugged. "It works, according to the lore."

"That's always reliable."

Sam thought for a moment. "Well, you know what? Maybe it's like, uh--maybe it's like iron or silver. You know? Hurts them, not us."

"Maybe, but a fat lot of good it does us til we find the bitch."

Bobby met his eyes. "I'm looking, but I'm thinking maybe it's time you or Holly made a call."

"Why has it always got to be me or her that makes the call, huh? It's not like Cas lives in my ass. The dude's busy." Cas appeared behind Dean and Holly and they turned around in surprise. "Cas, get out of my ass!"

Cas frowned. "I was never in your--" Dean shot him a look. "Have you made any progress in locating Eve?"

"Well, we were gonna ask you about that." Bobby replied.

"No, I've looked, but she's hidden from me. She's hidden from all angels."

"Awesome." Dean and Holly said.

Sam thought for a moment. "You know, what we really need is an inside man."

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"Something with claws and sympathy."

Holly tilted her head. "Like a friendly monster?" Sam shrugged. "I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in rather short supply of friendly monsters."

"Sure, but we've met one or two, right?"

"I mean, I guess so."

"So we can find one."

Cas disappeared and Bobby paced with a book. Dean was standing and thinking. Holly was sitting on the couch, as she waited, feeling bored.

Cas appeared with a familiar face. "Lenore." Sam said.

Lenore tried running away and Sam protested, "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hey, hey. Lenore, stop. Look, we're happy you're here."

Lenore turned to Sam. "My name's Lenore. I'm not gonna hurt you." Her fangs were showing.

"Been a long time. You remember us?"

Lenore nodded. "I remember. Your hunter friend almost killed me."

Holly shrugged slightly. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, um, the guy turned into a vampire and Sammy here chopped his head off."

"Yeah." Dean agreed. "With razor wire. Wicked."