XLVII. Crazy Train (Part I)

[Fresh Blood]

Sam, Dean, and Holly found a man lying on the ground. He was bleeding, but conscious. His neck had been bitten. The three of them crouched over him.

"Hey, hey. Don't worry." Sam said gently. "We're gonna call you some help, okay?"

"Where is she?" Dean asked. "Where'd she go?!"

The man vaguely gestured down the alley and Sam stayed with the man while Dean and Holly ran off. They stepped into the open space, machetes raised. Dean slowly drew it across his left forearm, drawing blood.

He held his bleeding arm up. "Smell that?! Come and get it!"

A woman, who looked about Holly's age, or so she thought, appeared from a side alley and stared at them. Her chin was covered with blood.

Dean smirked. "That's right. I smell good, don't I? I taste even better."

"D, come on! Cut it out!" Holly hissed.

The vampire approached them and he dropped his machete. "Come on! Free lunch!"

The vampire charged at Dean before Holly could grab him. She sunk her teeth into his neck and Dean pulled out a syringe and jabbed it into her neck. She convulsed and fell to the ground, unconscious.

Sam came running, and frowned at his siblings. "What?" Dean asked.

"Cutting it a little close, don't you think? Holly, you should have stopped him."

Holly glared at him. "Excuse me, I tried. But he's being a reckless idiot!"

Dean shrugged. "Ah, that's just chum in the water. Worked, didn't it? As for your comment, Holly, no one got hurt."

She rolled her eyes and tied up the unconscious vampire.

They made their way to a motel room and while the boys covered the windows and doors, Holly tied the still unconscious vampire to a chair.

As she started waking up, the siblings circled her. "You with us?" Dean asked.

She woke up fully and struggled against her bonds. Holly smiled, ice in her eyes. "Sorry, sweetheart. You're not going anywhere."

"Where's your nest?" Sam asked.

"What?" The vampire asked.

Dean narrowed his eyes. "Your nest...where you and your bloodsucking pals hang out."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please! I don't feel good."

"Yeah, well, you're gonna feel a hell of a lot worse if we give you another shot of dead man's blood."

"Just let me go."

Holly shook her head. "You know we can't."

The vampire met her eyes, sensing Holly might be kinder, or maybe Sam. "I'm telling you the truth. I'm just...I took something. I'm freaking out! I don't know what's going on!"

"You took something?" Sam asked.

She started freaking out. "Yes! I can't...come down. I just want to come down."

"Hey, hey. It's okay." Holly said softly. "Why don't you tell me your name."

The vampire met her eyes. "Lucy. Please, just let me go."

Sam nodded. "Alright, Lucy, how about this? If you tell us what happened, we'll let you go."

"You will?" Lucy asked, looking at the siblings who nodded. "Uh, I don't really...um, it's not that clear. I was at Spider."