XLII. Hey You (Part II)

"Ellen?"

She nodded. "Oh, God."

They walked inside and Bobby and Ellen sat at a table. Bobby poured a shot of liquid and pushed it towards her.

Ellen frowned. "Bobby, is this really necessary?"

"Just a belt of holy water shouldn't hurt."

She lifted the shot and swallowed. "Whiskey now, if you don't mind."

"Ellen, what happened?" Dean asked. "How'd you get out?"

"I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else." She scoffed. "But we ran out of pretzels of all things. It was just dumb luck." She drank the whiskey and let out a sharp breath. "Anyway, that's when Ash called. Panic in his voice." She sighed. "He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high. And everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes."

"Sorry, Ellen." Sam said softly.

Ellen started tearing up. "A lot of good people died in there. And I got to live." She scoffed. "Lucky me."

Holly shrugged. "Well, I'm thankful. Is Jo okay?"

Ellen looked at the younger girl sadly. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I don't know. I hope so."

Bobby decided to change the subject. "Ellen, you mentioned a safe."

"A hidden safe we keep in the basement."

"Demons get what was in it?"

Ellen shook her head. "No." She pulled a map from her pocket and unfolded it before setting it on the table. There were several black lines and X's on it.

"Wyoming." Holly noted. "What does that mean?" She pointed to the lines in confusion.

Bobby pulled out a large book and read from it. "I don't believe it." He set the book on the table.

Sam looked up. "What? You got something?"

"A lot more than that. Each of these X's..." he pointed to the marks on the map, "...is an abandoned fronter church--all md-19th century. And all of them built by Samuel Colt."

Dean frowned. "Samuel Colt--the demon-killing, gumaking Samuel Colt?"

Bobby nodded. "Yep. And there's more. He built private railway lines," he pointed to the black lines on the map, "connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this." He connected the points on the map and the lines formed a star.

Holly studied the map. "Bobby, tell me that's not what I think it is."

Sam glanced at his sister. "It's a Devil's Trap. A 100-square mile Devil's Trap."

"That's brilliant. Iron lines demons can't cross." Dean said.

Ellen frowned. "I've never heard of anything that massive."

"No one has." Bobby replied.

"And after all these years none of the lines are broken?" Dean asked. "I mean, it still works?"

Sam nodded. "Definitely."

"How do you know?"

"All those omens Bobby found. I mean the demons, they must be circling and they can't get in."

"Yeah, well...they're trying." Bobby muttered.

"Why? What's inside?" Ellen wondered.

Dean sighed. "That's what I've been looking for. And, uh, there's nothing except an old cowboy cemetery right in the middle."