XLIX. Please Come Home For Christmas (Part I)

[A Very Supernatural Christmas]

Flashbacks are italicized. They take place in Broken Bow, Nebraska on Christmas Eve, 1991

The siblings stood outside a house, interviewing a girl's mother. "Um, my daughter and I were in our beds. Mike was downstairs decorating the tree. I heard a thump on the roof and then I heard Mike scream, and now I'm talking to the FBI."

"And you didn't see any of it?" Dean asked.

The woman shook her head. "No, he was...he was just gone."

"The doors were locked?" Holly asked. "There was no forced entry?"

The woman turned to her. "That's right."

"Does anybody else have a key?" Dean questioned.

"My parents."

"Where do they live?"

"Florida."

Sam walked out of the house and smiled. "Thank you for letting me have a look around, Mrs. Walsh. I think we, uh, got just about everything we need. We're all set."

"We'll be in touch." Dean said.

Mrs. Walsh nodded and the siblings walked down the steps. "Agents..." They turned. "The police said my husband might have been kidnapped."

"Could be."

"Then why haven't the kidnappers called? O-or--or demanded a ransom? It's three days till Christmas. What am I supposed to tell our daughter?"

"We're very sorry." Sam told her.

Holly smiled softly. "We'll get to the bottom of this, alright?"

Mrs. Walsh returned her smile before walking inside, and the siblings walked away.

"Find anything?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed. "Stocking, mistletoe...this." He handed Dean something.

"A tooth? Where was this?" Dean asked, examining the tooth.

"In the chimney."

"Chimney? No way a man fits up a chimney. It's too narrow."

"No way he fits up in one piece."

Holly frowned. "Yeah, but Santa fits up the chimney. He's magic."

Dean stared at his sister. "What are you, five?"

"No, I'm twenty-one, but I know how Santa works."

He rolled his eyes before saying, "Alright, so, if Dad went up the chimney--"

Sam nodded. "We need to find out what dragged him up there."

"The Grinch." Holly joked.

Sam frowned. "Holly, seriously, shut up. I don't need all your Christmas jokes."

Holly stuck her tongue out at her brother and they made their way back to the motel.

They pinned pictures of demons to the wall. Sam was surfing the Internet for information about demons. Holly was looking through books, trying to find anything out. Dean walked inside with a brown paper bag.

Dean looked between his siblings. "So, I was right? Is it the serial-killing chimney sweep?"

"Yep." Sam said with a nod. "It's, uh, it's actually Dick Van Dyke."

"Who?"

Holly looked at him in disbelief. "Dude, Mary Poppins. Get cultured."

"Who's that?"