34- You Were Messing In My Head

Dustin brought me to the rooftop. Pagdating doon ay matapang niya akong hinarap habang nanatiling matigas ang ang aking mukha. "What's with all the sarcasm?" he confronted me. "Meron na naman ba akong nagawang pagkakamali sayo?"

Humalukipkip ako't tumingin sa malayo. Mananatili akong tahimik hanggang hindi niya kusang sinasabi ang mga bagay na gusto kong marinig. Naghihimagsik ang aking kalooban dahil pakiramdam ko ay trinaydor at napaglaruan na naman ako. All the time natatakot akong pag-isipang nababaliw pero yun pala parehas lang kaming dalawang nawawala sa katinuan.

"Alright Deany, whatever is it that I did wrong, I'm sorry. Patawarin mo na ako. What else do you want to hear from me?" Salita niya matapos ang matagal na pananahimik ko.

"I want to know the truth!" I snapped. "Why did you buy that unit again?"

Tumawa lang siya. "Dati naming pag-aari yun. Masama ba kung bilhin ko yun ulit ngayong may kaunting pera na ako?"

Mas lalo akong nagalit. Naningkit ang aking mga mata at nagngitngit ang aking mga ngipin. "You're lying again."

"Ano bang gusto mong tukuyin Deany? Kanina ka pa nagagalit nang hindi ko alam."

"Are you sure buying back that unit has nothing to do with me? With the memories we shared? Kagaya ng alaala na kasalukuyan kung naiisip. The valentine date, the pasta and the wine," diretsahang sabi ko.

"I don't have such memory. Anong pinagsasabi mo Deany? Are you ill again?" nagmamaang-maangang wika niya.

"If you said so, then where did you get the ring that looks exactly the same from the ring of someone I met in my dream? How can you make a dish that taste exactly the same made by someone I met in my dream? And what made you so good and believable on acting as my fiance?! I want to hear everything Dustin because if I don't, hanggang ngayon ay naniniwala akong pinapasakay at niloloko mo pa rin ako! I talked to Dr. Medrano about it so don't you dare give me the same old answer! Wala siya ni isa mang ikinuwento sayo tungkol sa mga sinabi ko sa therapy namin!" gigil na gigil na mga salita ko.

He held my arms to control my rage. He was smiling but his eyes were serious. "Chill out Deany. This is not a thing that deserves your anger.  If you come here to wonder why I can perfectly relate to your odd memories my answer is because I happened to have series of dreams that seems to match your delusional world."

Napatanga ako sa diretsong pahayag niya. Parang wala lang sa kanya ang ginawang pag-amin. How could he took it so lightly when my head almost burst all the time solving the puzzle of this mystery?

"Hindi ko yun tinago dahil gusto kong lokohin ka. It was my dream, I have all the choices in the world whether to share it or not with anyone else. I decided to keep it to myself because up until now I refuse to expect that it's going to mean something. I don't want my fate to be manipulated by situation that happened only inside my dreams."

"Then what are those dreams Dustin? I don't care whether you believe it or not. Tell me. I want to hear everything," I begged with teary eyes. "I'm dying for answers right now before I completely lost my remaining sanity."

Binitawan niya ako at bumuntong hininga nang malalim. "You might hate me for what you'll hear.."

"What I'll feel isn't important now Dustin. Just tell me everything. Gusto ko nang magkaroon ng peace of mind. I want to have the answers once and for all," may pakikiusap na paliwanag ko.

He looked at the clouds in front of him. He made few steps forward. "On the night you had accident, you were covered with blood when we rushed you to hospital. Nung mga sandaling yun ay halos ayaw kitang tingnan. Akala ko noon ay isa ka na lang sa mga ordinaryong kaklase at kaibigan pero hindi pa rin pala. I couldn't bear the pain of seeing you terribly hurt. And the idea that you might die any moment was a situation I couldn't face and handle... Naulit sa mga sandaling yun ang karuwagan ko. After I brought you to the hospital I planned to escape again for a while. I decided to postponed the opening of my restaurant. I bought a ticket going back to the Italy..."