Chapter 3 - Let The Flames Begin

A little wind whips through the air, blowing Jack's long hair as she rides in the horse drawn carriage. This trip is very important, she needs to find things for her baby desperately and she can't wait anymore, so now is the time to be doing this. This trip is dangerous but she has to and she has people with her to help out and she is grateful for that.

As she left Hilltop, Jack could see Michonne and Rick show up, most likely to see Maggie and since she has had her baby a few weeks ago they were here to see him, she had a baby boy. Jack and Maggie don't get along so it's not really her concern what she does, Jack does her job and that's all. But if Jack got the chance to leave Hilltop and go back to the sanctuary she would take it in a heartbeat. Even though she has heard that they are starving, and mostly everyone is gone from there that is her home and it always will be.

Traveling down the desolate road for some time, Jack runs her hand over her baby bump, as Johnny keeps an eye on their surroundings. "We should be almost there, we can try that big store outside that town if you want" he says trying to get Jack's attention.

"Yeah sure, we need to find like diapers and clothes but see it's hard because i don't know, boy or girl...so maybe i can just get unisex colored things for now" Jack states out.

"That could work, i swear we will find stuff. We did for Maggie and now we will for you even though these fellas don't like you, they're not completely heartless, everyone cares about babies" he laughs and Jack does to but very faintly.

Their destination arrives and Jack pulls her gun out and she is ready to shoot if she has too. They all prepare to enter the store, banging on the door first to draw out any dead that might be in there. A few minutes go by and there is no movement inside, so the group enters before the pregnant Jack and she follows closely behind Johnny. He stays with her as the rest find shopping carts to fill up with other supplies that are needed.

Jack grabs her own cart and heads to the baby section, and she looks at some cute onesies that are on hangers yet. She winds up grabbing everything that she can see filling her cart. There actually is quite a lot of stuff, it might not be enough but for now it has to do. Deciding to check for diapers as well, Jack finds boxes and boxes and she takes all of them as well, knowing she will need them.

Also grabbing cans of formula, that were still good. Jack plans to breastfeed to save the formula, when the time comes to use it she will have it, and she gets bottles too just in case. This old Big K store has mostly everything she needs, so she packs it all up in the carriage, and waits for the others to come out as well. Johnny had found some things for Penny, a few dolls and toys for her.

When everyone is ready to go, the carriage moves along and heads back to Hilltop. Jack enjoys the long ride which took over half the day as it is now late evening. The gates to Hilltop come into view and they open up, allowing the group entrance. Jack steps out and Johnny helps her carry the items to her trailer where she places them inside the closet she is entitled too.

"Thanks for helping me out today, it means so much to me that i have you" Jack says innocently, but she is happy to have a friend since no one else likes her. Jack finds herself alone in the world now besides her little bean. "My little bean appreciates it too" she laughs as the baby kicks, and hard. "Oh fuck, she is really kicking me like up here"

"Oh so the baby is a she now?"

"Well, yeah i am convinced but it could be a boy too i just say a girl i will be happy either way" Jack sits down and enjoys the thumping in her belly. "I started to sing to her and when i do she moves a lot like so much that i have to pee like crazy"

"Yeah, my wife was the same way with Penny she uh had a lot of issues while she was pregnant. But we got lucky that she was healthy and now three years later she is my little angel" Jack feels bad for him, they have both lost their significant others and have children to raise on their own, so they could relate to each other on different levels.