Chapter 35 - Unexpected

Negan has absolutely no remorse right now, as the evil woman named Alpha lays on the ground bleeding from the back of the head. He had hit her twice and it split her head open pretty good, causing her to die just about instantly. This does not make him sad, with the way this world is now, he had no choice but to kill her because if she had found out about Jack and Theo, she would have for sure used his family for revenge, although she had not planned revenge on Negan for killing her people he could not take that chance of her knowing about them.

The dark forest surrounding them is quiet and eerie, but nothing was ever going to stop him from doing this, and now that it's done he needs to get back to Jack as soon as he can, but he has another problem, the rest of the whispers group who had just stumbled across the man who is still holding the bloody rod in his large hands, and he has some blood splattered across his face and on his jacket as well. They all look to shock, their leader is lying on the ground, cold and dead so right away they know it was Negan who did it and they gasp but don't speak.

A few walkers come out from behind some trees and start attacking the whispers group, and Negan ducks behind a tree, realizing that the large amount of noise has attracted them to the camp, and to him that is a blessing. Negan feels a little bad because they all didn't really need to die, but none of them can be trusted either so this is a good thing in some way, they could have easily tried to kill him for justice on Alpha. But the one person he has yet to see die, is the big man Beta, he has not returned and when he sees that his superior is dead he will for sure know it was him and Beta will most likely go after him.

That would not be good because Beta is the one who took him away in the first place, back at the warehouse so he knows where to find him and Negan knows in his heart he can't put Jack and his son at risk to be hurt by the crazed man. Screams echo through the quiet woods as walkers munch on the remains and bodies of what is left of the whispers. Negan waits it out before he even makes a move, not wanting to risk being heard or seen, since the herd is rather large and he is not in the mood to fight all of them off. The man hasn't slept for some time, so what strength he has left he needs to save to get back to the warehouse, so once again he can be with his family.

After waiting for quite some time, the herd starts to dissipate from the scene and Negan still be cautious comes out and walks slowly around what is left of bodies, and he is sickened but holds back knowing that he caused this and it was in some ways intentional. But before he can even leave, Beta stops him and he looks to be very angry and he doesn't initially kill Negan but waits so they can face off and fight like real men. Of course Negan being the complete asshole he is makes the first punch, and nearly misses Betas jaw, and it barely knocks his skin mask off his face. Beta fights back pushing Negan to the ground and nearly chokes him, but Negan brings his leg up and kicks him in the dick, just like Jack does.

In his mind he laughs at the thought of Jack kneeing guys that have made moves on her, and if she were here they would for sure both beat the shit out of this guy, but now that she has had Theo, Jack is a lot more mellow but she can for sure still kick ass like Negan had taught her. Beta winds up letting go of Negan's throat and falls backwards to the ground, and of course Negan uses that as a step up to kick him some more while he is weakened. The man is now in some pain, his nose is bloody, his skin mask knocked off his face. All Negan has to do is whack him with the rod like he did with Alpha and it's all over with and done.

Beta has other plans and he is not so easily giving up so he tries one last time to fight off the trader, and he succeeds knocking Negan back against a tree, and this time he is bloody in the nose as Beta punches him over and over almost breaking his nose. Negan is seeing black almost but Jack and her beautiful smile creeps into his mind and he can see her hazel eyes, and her voice telling him he is going to be okay and that she will see him soon. This gives him the courage to give this one more go and Beta thinks that he has won but Negan grabs a pocket knife sneakily from his pocket and stabs him right into the stomach, causing him to fall backwards.