Chapter 8 - Reunion

After hearing those words that Negan is alive, Jack has to set baby Theo down to catch her breath as she is on the edge of hyperventilating. With her hand over her chest as it heaves and rises up and down, Jack comes to grips with it that she has been lied to about the whole thing and it's really not okay, Rick Grimes had lied to her, lied to Negan. Laura and Dj watch her as she composes herself, and after over six months of not seeing Negan, believing that he was gone for good and he's not makes her happy but angry, and she needs to get him out of there, but she wonders how.

"I uh, oh fuck...i can't believe he is alive" Jack mumbles out through her shallow breaths. "I'm sorry, I just um i need to get him out of there, he needs to know his son please Laura you have to help me?" Jack needs help, if she is to break him out it's going to be hard, they need to form a plan. Jack knows that Laura and Dj have been living there, and they know the in's and out's of all of it.

Jack has also spent some time there when she was behind the bars too, but she broke out and she has to get Negan our of there, if it's the last thing she does. Jack waits till they answer her, Dj agrees not to help fearing that Michonne will know, but Laura having a soft spot for baby Theo, agrees to help her because Negan deserves to know this precious baby boy, he needs to know him, and she will help for him and for Jack because she is in need of help to.

"Okay, i will help you we just have to figure out how?" Jack looks to her as she speaks. "Jack, look i will help we need to sneak in over night, and i know where they keep the keys, i can get them for you and bring them to the gate, which i will climb over. You can go in and get him out, i can watch Theo" Jack listens to Laura's odeal, and it sounds like a reasonable plan, Jack really doesn't care about how, but when she does this.

"Okay, it's getting dark out now we should go and do it tonight, he can't be in there another night, and if i see Rick, i will kill him and i mean fucking kill the fuck out of him for doing this, and the widow" Jack is so angry, she slams her hand against the door of the car, waking Theo up. He screams, red in the face for his mama, and she instantly feels bad for waking her baby boy up. Dj and Laura look to each other as the red haired girl picks baby Theo up out of his basket. She is unaware that Rick is dead, and they should tell her, but not right now.

"Mommy's sorry, Theo i didn't mean to scare you peanut" Jack gently calms the baby, as he cries out for her and she sways him back and forth in her arms, cradling his small body close to hers to soothe him. "Shhhh, it's okay, mamas got ya" he stops crying as Laura and Dj take a look around, the babies cries may have attracted undead. But from what they can see none have come out so they are in the clear for now.

"Jack, we need to tell you that Rick is dead. He uh he died a while ago, blew up the bridge down from Alexandria, he has been gone, and Michonne runs the place now, along with others. But she has kept Negan locked up good and tight, mostly after he escaped last week to find you, but he came back, she has been a little more cruel towards him now, i mean from what i have seen, i have taken him meals a few times and he is miserable, and he cries every night for you" Laura goes on to explain and Jack cries while still holding her son, and his eyes meet hers and she sees Negan.

"We have to go, now i'm not waiting any longer to see him" Jack lays her baby back down in his basket, as Laura gets in the car with Jack, and Dj heads back on foot not wanting to be a part of it, but Laura wants to help her. "I have this car loaded full with supplies, i was heading i don't even fucking know where, just to get my son away from here, but now i need to break Negan out and then we have to go, and keep going"

Jack starts the car and begins to drive slow down the road, as the sun sets and nighttime arrives, the two woman make it to Alexandria, and they wait a few hours before making a move. Laura is going in first and she has to get the keys for Jack so she can break him out, while she watches over Theo, and Jack has agreed to the plan, as she knows exactly where he is. Jack holds off until Laura comes back over the fence, they are not taking the chance of someone hearing them.