Chapter 46 - Lost Time

Sorry everyone for the sudden time jump, hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you so much for reading.

6 months later....

Every night for the past six months the same thing has happened, Jack finds herself going to sleep on the crusty mattress with Negan by her side always and Theo in his new crib. Now that he's so much bigger, he's officially turned 8 months old and Jack can't get over how big he is and how much things have changed since they've been here. So far this is the longest home she's had since the end of the world, because even at the sanctuary it wasn't this long and her time spent there was amazing but it's been such a dream come true to be here. Negan has been taking care of her a lot and Theo has been doing so good, he has slowly starting weening off of breast milk and eating baby food Negan found and applesauce that Jack makes from apples she luckily found at a nearby tree.

About two or so months ago, Jack decided to try getting Theo to eat homemade applesauce she made instead of her milk and it worked. She still breast feeds him at night before bed but other than that, he's been eating jarred baby food and the applesauce. Lately he's been holding onto things, trying to say words but it comes out as gibberish and it's still so cute and Jack also tries to play with him and work on his motor skills. Negan does well teaching him how to crawl which he has yet to even come close to accomplishing. When Jack or Negan place the baby down on the floor on his belly to crawl, he probably could but he chooses not too. When he wants to he wants to grab everything and get into trouble so keeping an eye on him is very crucial.

The other day when Negan left to Jack's dismay he found some blocks for Theo and he started to play with them, sitting in his chair with mommy and moving them around and Jack gets a kick out of it. Today it's the same things, waking up and going outside now that winter has come and gone and summer has been in full blast already so it's been safe enough to take the baby outside, and Jack usually does when she goes out for water from the well to take baths that Theo has come to love. The nice big bathtub in the bathroom is nice and porcelain so Jack soaks in there from time to time and Theo enjoys the nice warm water on his chubby legs and body.

"Hey beautiful" Negan says as he walks in on Jack laying in bed yet with Theo by her side on the bed, nice and cozy with mama he lays moving around and talking gibberish. "There's my little man, what do you say we go make mommy something to eat" he picks Theo up and takes him down the stairs and Jack smiles and goes to the bathroom. Lately she hasn't been feeling to good, but then again she is getting her period so that's why. The girl goes down stairs and is welcomed by a nice platter of some applesauce for her and for Theo and some kind of peanut butter granola shit that Negan tries to make.

"Okay what is this?" She asks looking down to the plate of peanut butter and some bits of what looks like granola. Negan chuckles and thinks it's funny. "What I am being serious it looks like you just threw shit together and served It to me babe, I mean I'm going to eat it because I'm so fucking hungry and little man gets to eat this applesauce, but hey I ain't complaining" she giggles and takes a bite, loving the taste of peanut butter. "Open up Theo, here is the applesauce" she feeds him a spoonful and some of it drips out his mouth down his cheeks and it's so cute. Jack takes a part of her dirty shirt to wipe his cheek off. "You're so cute my little peanut, mommy loves you, yes I do" she then kisses that same cheek cutely.

One thing that Jack's been pining for is to hear music or have another guitar and to her surprise, Negan went out today and he later comes back with a record player. The old man that lived in the house before had boxes of old records but no player so Negan found one in an old store. A while back, shortly after they got here to the house Negan had gone out to scavenge and that was after a very hefty fight with Jack but they agreed on it and he left. He walked a few miles up the road where they didn't make it before with the car and found an old strip mall with a couple of stores. Over the course of a few days he went back and forth bringing back supplies and other essentials for Jack and some things for his growing son who at the time was still two and half months old.