Chapter 54 - When It Rains

AN - So I usually don't put any warnings for the chapters but I feel it's needed for this one just in case anyone feels a certain way about animals, just keep in mind that this is very fictional and not real, but it can still be a little disturbing or upsetting to some of you so please just be advised that there is some animal killing later in this chapter, so prepare yourself for it just in case, so with that said please enjoy the chapter and thank you all so so much for the continued support!

*Sorry for this everyone*

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Right now in this moment, Negan can't get enough of this amazing feeling. He never though feeling a baby kick for the first time would be this cool, and Jack is teary eyed at how happy he is, rubbing her belly and the baby is kicking her in the side, pretty hard and Negan is enjoying it. He stands with her just relaxing and waiting for the feeling to come back and it does every so often and he is hesitant to even let Jack out of his arms now. But a cranky Theo snaps him out of his moment and Jack stays hopeful that Negan will be this happy when the baby is born, since he hasn't seen birth before, it will be his first.

The daylight is now in full swing and she's so anxious to go out and pick some apples and pears, and then dig her area for the garden she plans on starting. Since it's warm out, Jack is going to take Theo outside with her and Negan of course worries about the two or three of them being outside but he's gonna stay and keep watch. The man has never once had to worry about their safety but with the swamps and such around them thawing out from winter, the walkers are moving on and walking threw, so keeping them away from his home is essential.

"Okay babe, I am gonna clean myself up and then probably take Theo outside with me to pick some apples, and then if you want to you can help me start this garden" Negan agrees and he goes out and does a perimeter check and Jack comes out shortly after, Theo hooked to his mamas hip and she also has the seeds and stuff to dig some holes to plant the seeds. "Thank gosh this soul works well or we wouldn't be able to plant anything" Jack sets Theo in the grass, he enjoys the feeling of it and now that he sits up on his own he's so much more active but still has yet to crawl. He's now nine months old he should be crawling and Jack's staying hopeful that he will soon and she only has about 4 months till this baby is here give or take if she gives birth early of not.

Theo will be just over a year old and he will be so much more of a handful, but Jack's so ready for him to be her little warrior. This also makes her think of when her kids are gonna be older, Theo can be the protective big brother of his little brother or sister, and he is going to be for sure. She smiles at the thought, while digging another hole and planting what is some cucumber seeds, then she moves on and plants some carrots and peas for Theo to eat. She can't wait to have more of a variety of food to eat, since basically all they have now is canned food, and the occasional meat that Negan hunts. Jack is observant and takes notice that Theo is picking up a stick and she is immediately on her feet to take it from him, but it's to late he pokes himself with it and screams his head off for her.

"Oh my baby, no no you can't play with this" she kisses his boo boo all better, and she is thankful it didn't cut him it just more or less scared him. "There mommy kissed it all better, did that mean old stick poke my little baby" the baby continues to cry, his face red but Jack works her magic touch and soothes the baby back to his happy little self. "Awww peanut see, you're okay" she kisses his head and carries him over so he is next to her, and this time she makes sure there is nothing around him to pick up and she is going to be keeping an eye on him, very well this time.

The mom watches over him, while planting and she looks beyond where Theo sits and she can see Negan walking the perimeter fence like something is wrong, and she is actually quite curious now, and wonders why he looks that way. So she gets off the ground, shakes the dirt off her hands before picking her baby up and she makes her way towards her curious looking husband. Something is up and she plans to find out what it is, and she is hoping it's not a bunch of walkers finding their way onto their land which would be the first time they cross the fence line and enter the farm.